Stopped Prozac 20mg after 4 days still have side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was put on Prozac 20mg and I took it for 4 days. The first day I was ok but the second day I had a bad panic attack and the third day I was not doing too bad until night time after visiting the er for anxiety about headaches. Then Friday morning I woke up at 4am with full blown anxiety. I was weak and couldn't eat or drink without wanting to throw up. I took my Prozac and the anxiety did no ease up it got worse. I went to the er again that night and was given two ivs and Ativan. I was able to at least sleep and felt less anxious it's my second day without taking prozac and I'm still nauseous and anxious but not as bad as Friday when I went to the er. I just get these flare ups. When will it leave my system it's only been 2 days since I took it last but I only took it for 4 days.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Why did you stop the Prozac???
    • Posted

I've been on fluoxetine for 8 weeks now and the first 4 weeks were really rotten for me the meds needs time to kick into your system.. your anxiety will get worse before it becomes better I was only on 10mg and still it went bad but I gradually got better but then my psychiatric wanted me to up my dose which I did 2 days ago and for the past 2 days I have felt nothing but anxiety which again I no my anxiety will feel worse again and gradually it will get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.