Stopped taking sertraline suddenly due to running out.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just need to make sure I can start taking them again tomorrow when i go chemist.

I havnt had them for four or five days now and I cant sleep, cant sit still, have pins and needles in my face, head, shoulders and arms, I keep feeling dizzy and light headed and cant stop crying for no reason and over reacting to small things.

Can i just take them again tomorrow and be okay or should i ring the doctors? Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You should call your doctor asap and follow his instructions. You are going through withdrawal symptoms you cannot just stop taking anti depressants.
    • Posted

Yeah I know, was stupid of me to do stop but didn't do it intentionally. Couldnt get to the chemist and then when i could it was today and today its shut. Thankyou, will ring the doctors.

• Posted

When you pick them up tomorrow, have a word with the pharmacist. They should be able to advise you if you can't get hold of your GP.

I would imagine it's fine. I stopped taking my venlafaxine last year for a week for a similar reason and when I spoke to my GP she was happy for me to restart at the same dose.

But best to check as all medicines are different.

• Posted

I have been on Paxil for over 25 years, travel a lot on business and have forgotten them occasionally when I was gone for a few days. Definitely felt the first symptoms of withdrawal after a few days.

I just jumped right back on them when I got back, without incident. But it doesn't hurt to give your GP a call and seek his advice.

• Posted

If you stopped them abruptly that's probably why you feel the way you do,   The pharmacist should proobably be able to tell you, if not ring the Doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.