stopped with 20mg citilopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive been taking  citilopram for about 1 year. I felt well enough to stop,

my gp advised to take it slow, 1 pill one day 1/2 the next taking my time to gradually reduce the dosage. Ive been off of the med now for about 2 weeks

I feel really well loads of energy, I wake up bright and ready for the day.

I was afraid to stop, but really pleased with the result.

Good luck to you all and try not to become to reliant on it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Icejan, that's really encouraging.  So you did 20 mg one day and 10 mg the next. How long did you do this reduced dose for before completely stopping?

• Posted

took me about 2 months about 3 weeks 20 oneday 10 the next then everyother day 10 and 5 then everyday 5 then every othersay 5 just felt right to know wen to reduce

lots of breaking up pils but worth it, i dont seem to have any withdrawel symtoms. let me know how u get on, but to get the go ahead from your gp

• Posted

Thanks, I won't be coming off them for a while yet but it's really good to know that you can do it without nasty side effects.  I've heard some really bad things.  Will keep a note of your withdrawal process though for when I'm ready to come off.

Thanks again

• Posted

Hey Icejan. Good news, which is sometimes a nice surprise. I'm also working on getting off Cit. I've been down to 10 mg's and will reduce to 5 mg's in the next week or so and then I'll be off Cit altogether!!! Been a real rollercoaster of a ride. My Doc told me today that I can just quit now and forget going down to 5 but I told her I dont want the possible side effects. Hope I can stay off the darn pills altogethers. And its nice to hear a success story also.

• Posted

GOOD luck hope u have the same result as me. Before u stop try taking every other day for a week or so.

Let me know how u get older.

I havent been up this early since taking the Meds 🤗

• Posted

Good morning. I hope I have the same results also!!!!!!! Enjoy your day
    • Posted

Today I started taking 5mg's of Cit. Got a little bit of head woosies!!!! Then again it could all just be in my head!!!!! Hahahahaha. Cause I've had such a long and somewhat of a crappy ride on this stuff. Soon I'll be able to ride my bike outside so thats a big plus. Enjoy your day!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.