Stopped Zopiclone cold turkey

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello my name is Mike and I am a recovering Alcoholic and have mental health issues.I stopped drinking when I was 30.Now I am 48 and still sober.The 18 yrs of sober living has been really hard.It was not the drink but just trying to live life with so many health issues,insomnia,depression,anxiety,........My life is complete now,two boys,7 and 5 and a wife,they keep me grounded.The last two yrs,my depression returned like it never did before.I became very depressed had to stop working,and really had enough.My doc sent me to my now shrink and we decided to try ECT because none of the anti deppresants worked,nothing ever worked,thats why I drank.The ect had worked,I did over 100 treatments over 13 months.The downside was my memory was compromised .Today I am pill free again....This is now and had to see my doc regarding my continued insomnia.She put me on zopiclone 7.5 mg nightly,well its been two weeks and nothing,so I flushed them and wow

now i am convinced that all pills for me are fu..... evil.My insomnia is worse my guts are killing me,hot,cold and I could go on and on.I see my doc tomorrow.Sleep is very important for me ,so what to do..do i ask for a better pill or what? Thank you for listening,Mike and i hope everyone a peacefull day

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.