STOPPING SMOKING

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm trying to stop smoking and I spent £40 yesterday on a starter kit for a long e cigarette, vanilla flavoured. Unfortunately, it is just not the same as a cigarette and I had to run up to the Co-op to buy rolling baccy. I will only take the e cigarette out with me when I go out in a wee while.

Is anyone else trying to stop?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yeah I packed in over 5 weeks ago using a medicine called Champix, it's been really good. I've tried an e-cigarette in the past from Tesco (their own brand economy one) and actually found it quite realistic both in flavor and lung feeling smile
  • Posted

Hi mate,

Yes very difficult E-Cig is ok but not the same hit,I just try to have less of both,but situations tend to make you reach for a real fag,I guess it's learning to wean yourself of real tobacco on to your preferred flavour,once that is sorted then on the E-cig permanently,it's a case of having to get off real tobacco for me and just a matter of time and discipline.

Regards Malc

• Posted

Maybe you can get some help from your local smoking cessation clinic / drop in center / chemist, they can give you a reading of how much carbon monoxide is in your blood, the lower the reading the better you are doing, like I started off at 35 ppm (which is apparently very high (I smoked 12 g of rolls a day)) and now it's 0 and has been for weeks smile

I'm not cured yet though, I could still jump straight back on the smokes, even knowing that it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than like being a rat in a cage pressing a button for pleasure neutral redface

• Posted

i am in the process of stopping smoking i have cut down the number of cigs i smoke and i'm reading a book i obtained from the libary. Allen carrs easy way to stop smoking...you can review it on the net it has great reviews...you did well with your 1st attempt just don't give up giving up good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.