strange bleeding

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies , has anyone had this strange bleeding, i have had no period for 3 months then out the blue had like a brown spotting ,then pink watery, then started to get heavy then pale red , now im still bleeding after 3 weeks odd. im still bleeding but light now ,i have never had this x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have had a very similar type of bleeding after not having a period for about 3 months.. I thought I was finally going to be done with periods ! But I had another normal period and then 2 weeks later started with some light pink spotting. This has continued for about a month and a half and has gone between being pinkish then times when it is very very heavy with lots of large clots. I am scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow. very worried. I feel like I'm going to bleed forever! I just turned 50 last month and I am very healthy otherwise. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one going through this!
    • Posted

How did your ultrasound go? I am scheduled for one next Monday and am very nervous! Hope it all turned out well for you and you're able to get some answers.
    • Posted

I will get the results tomorrow and I am very anxious!! I wish you all the best with your ultrasound.
  • Posted

Dear Karen

One of the first signs i had when starting menopause was the change of periods, at first i had an espisode when they were heavy and clotty more than it was before and i think then they settled for a while. Then there would be long gaps without any and then what seemed like on and off endless spotting (which was the worst, not knowing when they would finally stop x

• Posted

Hi pinkcat , hope you are well ,isnt it strange i was hoping i would be like my mum she was 53-54 when it all ended oh well got time yet another 6 months lets hope it all settles down how long did these strange periods last for you x
    • Posted

Hello Karen,

Well the bleeding did finally stop because i chose to have ovaries removes due to family history and all that, so that put paid to the bleeding, well even after ovary removal i still bled for a week or so after! So i don't know how long the endless on and off spotting would have continued! It is getting to nearly a year since op and i still get symptoms of something or another. The worse one for me at the moment are panic attacks and anxiety, I didnt get this so bad after my op but it has come on bad now x

• Posted

I hope it doesnt last long (the odd bleeding) i had anxiety for years the i missed 3 periods and the off balance feeling  stopped now im bleeding its back also my anxiety is creeping back , i use rescue remedy when having a bad day it helps also kalms .i hope you are able to be calm soon, im working 3 days a week at mo but i may have to stop good luck take care karen x
    • Posted

Dear Karen I know what it is like with the anxiety it is awful but at least we know we are not alone take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.