Strange bump popped up, is this herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This morning I noticed a very tiny red dot on the lip of my vagina that turned into a tiny pink ulcer looking bump. Its been 12 hours and now it feels like a pimple. If I pinch the skin it feels like a lump under there. It doesn't itch and if I press down on it it doesn't really hurt. I've only had oral sex once and never vaginal sex. My boyfriend has never had a cold sore. Does this look like a herpes sore? Could it be an ingrown hair or pimple? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It looks like an upset hair follicle to me, likely from shaving. Try some cortozone creme if it doesn't clear up in a day or two... well I would assume its in ingrown hair in a day or two and try tweezers.

• Posted

Hey I had folliculitis a few weeks ago and it looked just like yours, also in a similar spot. But I was freaked out anyway so I went to urgent care. The doctor examined me and said it was just an ingrown hair follicle and gave me a prescription for ointment. Went away in about a week. You should be good, especially if you’ve only had oral sex and your boyfriend doesn’t have oral herpes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.