Strange dreams!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I made a commitment to return to work on the 5th. My company had to let someone go yesterday and the owner is having surgery with significant recovery on the 13th.  The company is very small. I’ve been told that I can take my time returning to a full schedule.

I am on my 38th day of 20MG for anxiety and making progress. 

Since making the commitment my anxiety has increased (makes sense as my panic attacks hit at work). I woke at 4 am and then dozed off again a little while later. I had what felt like fever dreams and when I woke up felt disoriented and confused.

Are the dreams self induced anxiety due to rhe thought of going back to work? Or a new side effect of Prozac? I didn’t like that at all and I’m thinking of cutting back on my sleep med.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Tracey, glad your starting to make some progress on Prozac...

Did you have these dreams b4 you disgusted having to back to work??

I think myself it’s playing on your mind, about having to go back, and as you seem to say it was from work that you started with your symptoms, from me looking in on what you are saying, are you reading to go back to work??

As you don’t really sound as tho you are, and 20mg of Prozac is low, but well done for being able to stick to a lower does,, dreams can come from just things we’ve seen during the day, or if some thing is playing on your mind... if you don’t take your sleeping tablets ( not sure what your on) you won’t sleep as good, so maybe that could put a stop to dreams, but then you could go down hill as you feel crap with no sleep??? They say we all dream every nite, but what we remember is not always remembered and contained in our minds, so we forget when we awake.. it does sound to me as tho it’s down to your worries with work, and I truly understand that, as if there’s some thing on my mind, or don’t want to do some thing,  I have a bad nite sleep with dreams I remember..

So goof luk chic, only you know if your ready to go back to work now or not,, big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Thank you Dawn.

I am thinking it is work. I made the commitment in the afternoon yesterday and my afternoon and evening were bumpy. 

I’m thinking of visiting the office this weekend when no one will be there and see how it feels. Water my plant rhat surely is dead by now smile rhat kind of thing. Then maybe visit next week when people are there and see how that feels. I’m not sure how else to gauge my readiness.

I take Ambien for chronic insomnia- the doc wants me to cut back and then stop as I’ve been taking for a long time. The waking up and feeling disoriented bothered me more than the dreams - as long as they aren’t nightmares. I’ve haven’t had that happen before.

• Posted

I am in a similar position..day 35 on 20mg, rang work yesterday and agreed to go back on Thursday...dreams were crazy last night, so now feeling like this might be too soon, I am a psychiatric nurse of all things....really worried as my worse times of anxiety and panic were at work....fingers crossed everything works out ok
    • Posted

Hi Rachel, do you have the option of starting back to work part time? I don’t think I could work a full day yet... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.