strange effects after being on citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I was on Citalopram for a long while back in 2013, and whilst i was on it i had a really bad time, with not knowing who i was, feeling extremely low, quite ill, not really listening to peoples concerns but was easily pushed around, and from what ive been told i acted suicidal and also had a black out, can anyone else tell me if this was a common or normal thing? i started on a dose of 10mg and it was raised up to 40mg which was when things got a lot worse, even though i wasnt aware.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes sometimes going on a higher dose can have the opposite effect to what you need i was on 20mg and recently put up to 30mg but i had to come down to 20mg again as i too was having strange thoughts and feeling like you i suggest 20mg i think your doc upped your dose too high all at once seems very negligent of them i hope that kind of helps shame any of us have to take these medicines at all try 20mg it keeps me on and even keel
    • Posted

it is reasuring, that its not just me thats had a funny effect from the medication, and as for being put on a lower dose, my recent dr has changed the prescription to another medicine, as they didnt trust me to not have any other strange side effects of the citalopram.
  • Posted

sounds a good idea amy i hope you go on ok remember your not alone goodluck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.