strange feeling in my head

Posted , 6 users are following.

Am i going insane ???? I started feeling funny back in june just before my wedding which i put it down 2 as i was very nervous but nearly 2 months on im the same my head justs constantly feels strange like something bad is happening in there i went to the doctors they said it was built up axniety from the wedding but its driving me insane its not painful just scary please help anybody the same ??*

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Charlotte, 

Thats How anxiety sneaks up on you. (well , it did to me anyway) I had a few months of ALOT of stress leading up to my daughters Wedding.  That weekend (Aug 1st) She got married I had a million things to do for that.. plus it was out of town... my other daughter got engaged the day before and the night after the Wedding.. while still out of town I got a call from my son's friends Father (at 1 AM) with concerns that my son was going to do harm to himself. The next morning was when the stomach ache from hell and panic attack while driving home on the highway hit me like a tonne of bricks.  I am not new to panic attacks. I get them rarely when I am holding in too much stress. ... this one knocked me flat on my back side.. That was 6 weeks ago, I am still recovering and will be for a while! 

So, no you are not going insane... You are "coming down" if you will from all of the Wedding stress! Did your doctor put you on anything?  

• Posted

I feel like that! My head feels numb/foggy/fuzzy it's hard to explain I feel weakened. It's hard to try to explain but it makes me feel awful and drives me crazy!
    • Posted

Drives me crazy too the thought of having something bad or passing out in public scares the poo outa me lol evèn tho in 3months i havent passed out once .
  • Posted

Doctor suggested st johns wort but dont thibk it does anything , ive never been like this my sister and mum suffers from it and i never truely understood them , i know deep down its in my head but i just cant stop thinkin about feeling like this then feel maybe it is something else its a vicious cycle , im totally happy with everything else in life apart from this constant wierd sensation .
    • Posted

I hope you, your mum and sister can all back each other up.

You are so not alone with this condition but it is so debilitating that when you have anxiety it is hard to move from A to B.

Can you go back to your doctor? He can prescribe medication that does not make you sleepy.

• Posted

You sound just like me..

I got married on Sept 5th but I didn't have any signs before my wedding and my guess is because I kept myself so busy I didn't have time to think about my anxiety problem but the following wednesday I got this strange feeling not just in my head though but in my face as well. Almost felt like it was a numb feeling but I could feel my touch. Today it was so bad I ignored my friends because I was worried all day that when I got  home I finally cracked.. I had a pull blown panic attack and took meds for it and now it went away, as of right now at least. I called my mom who is a nurse and she calmed me down. 

I'm suppose to call back my doctors office tomorrow and see if I can get in. I rather double check and be safe.. I know it's all anxiety though. 

I would try to find something to keep your mind off it. Go on a long walk or run, paint, play a sport. smile Good Luck! If it gets worse I would go back to the doctor and see about possible meds to help clam you down.

• Posted

I really dont want to go on any medication me and my hubby are planning on doin a second round of ivf which i dont think helps the matter either so diddiddnt really want to go down rhat route , speaking to family it seems to defo run in it
  • Posted

I know how y'all feel I've been like this for almost two years and just a few months ago I started to try medication which has helped some but not made it go away. I've been wanting to try to have a baby for a while but I know I can't till I get this all figured out cause I'm scared that would make matters worse. It just saddens me on that part
  • Posted

I even feel like my heart won't stop racing and pounding in my chest for long periods of time and it seems only my mom can really calm me down and make it go away

Do y'all have that? I think I have health anxiety.

• Posted

Its a vicious cycle i think about thinkin about it which makes it worse then if i feel ok i think about how long ive felt ok for then it comes back its mental the brain is such a strange thing i just av to kepp thinkin if it comes and goes it cant be anymore serious right ??
  • Posted

Again been to the doctors to be told its anxiety but i really dont feel anxious feel a tiny bit better than have done its just thesecrandom feeling in my head that scare the life out of me anybody else the same ???
    • Posted

You sound just like me all my symptoms can be gone but I feel dazzed, foggy, weak tingly feeling in my head.. Is that how you feel??
    • Posted

Yes and I just realized why..

I'm simply depressed

I started having memory problems as well

And thinking problems

And to top it all off I can't feel happy

I feel like I'm in my own world kinda

It all makes sense to me now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.