Strange illnesses caused by anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi 

I think i am suffering from  anxiety related illness and tension headache. This has really affected my life leaving me housebound since the start of 2015. 

My life has been crap never a single year was good. Ok it started in 2014 when life was really crap. I did not sleep well was constantly stressed and unhappy. Felt tensed all the time. Muscles was tensed. i think i constantly tensed up the muscles in my face and clenched my jaws at night while sleeping. I was often in a tensed mode.

In 2015 i felt a really bloody tight bad around my head starting from the undereye to the back of my head. It also feels as if rubberbands are are being tied around my face from my eyes to the side corners of the cheeks near the nose. There is pressure in my eyes and i feel my nasal pathways are blocked leaving me unable to breath properly. The worst thing is my face shape has changed my cheeks are puffed out and when i touch them i feel pressure in it. My eyes look smaller is as if someone is pulling it. As if not enough my waist length increased and my stomach puffs out and is hard to touch when i press my belly i can feel the pressure in my head.

My skin has become so sensitive i cannot use any skincare like i did before.

I have seen neurologist took amitriptyline, seen a gi dr took mebeverine.

seen a psychiatrist took proazc and valium and no cure. 

And worst i am down with cough now. And when i cough it makes my symptoms worst.

What do i do?

I have taken chamomile, passionflower and valerian still no help.

My whole life has been turned upside down. Digestive system, head and face, hard stomach. Sick 

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I've been getting the same things.... sad
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

did you done extensive blood / thyroid / allergies test? It could be lack of vitamins too or just an anxiety but before going to mental you should rule out other problems
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I will pray for you, God is able to heal you.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I really sympathise. Dont know where you are in the world, but if its winter where you are, like me, you'll feel worse. I am agraphobic, but sometimes manage to go for a walk with my partner, but find it much harder in the winter.

I have had a bad cough and the rest of my family has too. I know I will feel better when it starts getting warmer. 

What I do know is that no matter how hard it is, its always better to get out and have a walk around. All the anti anxiety medication in the world wont help without excercise. I know its boring. I get annoyed when my partner keeps saying it, but I do always feel better after excercise.

If you cant manage to go out try some form of excercise at home. Do you have an excercise bike? I have, and 20 mins on that really helps if I just cant go out. Also there are keep fit tutorials on Youtube, with routines you can learn. I have used this as well and fin it helpful.

Just dont give up. Get some health checks done, and try the excercise and you'll start to feel better. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Look at a few things.first is your diet. Food insensitives, allergies can cause so many problems. High anxiety levels can mess a person up physically as well. To know for sure which you are dealing with changes need to be made. So many people with panic disorders forget they are human and yes ailments can occur as well. By no means does it mean terminal ones but the commin usual ones humans get afflicted with. So id say clean up your diet. Look into dash diet or the earth diet. Lower ur salt intake and eat foods that will provide you with nutritiin. Keep a log for two solid weeks. Begine the log two days after you start the new healthy clean diet. The day before you start drink only clear liquids, low salt, low sugar. lime water or lime water..etc.. Clean out your system. Then start your new lifestyle. Be sure to include walking or dancing but some form of movement for thirty minutes a day. I have had many of those symptoms and they do go away. Incorporate celery (8oz cup of celery juice a day is great..need a juicer) , bananas, avacadoes, basil (half a cup od fresh holy basil), ginger and rid completely junk foods and snacks and cakes..etc.. No pop or sodas at all, no processed meals at all that includes deli and frozen pre made boxed meals. Drink lots of fresh water you can add lemon and limes or cucumbers.. See if your belly is ok with citrus at first it might not be tolerated, thats trial and error. If you have been on many anti biotics you might want to look into a candida diet. calming stuff is lovely but this is stemming from diet as well. Especially salt intake. Teas, chammomile, fresh ginger tea, tulsi basil teas would be useful but just know theres so little in these teas they dont do much. Fresh teas better. This is fixable.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up