Strange mark on back - mole? Should i get a second opinion?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had a mark on my back for a month or two - not entirely sure - but it started out as bright red and hurt, but now it doesn't hurt and is a little less red (but still very much red, like a scab) and it is sunken into my skin. I saw my doctor a few days ago and they told me it's a mole because the blood vessels don't disappear when you press on it. They said it looks normal and because of my age is nothing to worry about (I'm 18), but every time I go to see this doctor about something they say that: that I'm too young for it to be anything abnormal, but if this is a mole like they said, it does not look right to me, and I know that 18 year olds can get skin cancer. I have no trust in anything this doctor ever says as it is the same one who told my dad he was dying when that was not the case. They just read their notes off a screen all the time.

If anyone has any knowledge of this and could take a look at the picture of it and see what you think I would be very grateful.

0 likes, 2 replies

Report / Delete

2 Replies

• Posted

First things first. Find another doctor. This one sounds either incompetent or more than likely just doesn't care. If you feel something is not right get a second opinion or a third or a fourth. It's hard to say but it does look quite sunken in so getting another opinion would be my best advice. Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up