Strange symptoms but could they be related to my massive fibroid

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi fellow sufferers.

I wonder have you ever had the following and been told that they are because of fibroid? I have one big one about 17cm diameter and nearly perfectly round.

Lightheaded for 2 years

My vein's in my hands go really quite blue from time to time

I ache in the morning

Lately I have had some breathless feelings like I cannot get enough air in or that i might stop breathing

These all seems to be better or even out slightly when I was on hormone injections to shrink the thing pretty much since I've come off them everything I already felt has come back with a vengeance. I guess that doesn't mean they are necessarily related, maybe those injection's evened out my obvious anxiety with the whole thing and that's why

Any advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have some symptoms  that I attribute to my fibroids. I wonder if it’s wishful thinking that they will go away after my hysterectomy next month. 

I’ve been on Esmya for a month now and I think it may be just starting to work as some of my symptoms are less. The fatigue and back ache have definitely reduced. 

I also have stiff  sore muscles, especially in my neck and shoulders. I’m not sure whether that’s due to the fibroid or (more likely) due to my reduced exercise (which always included stretches) since I’ve had fatigue, which I attribute to the fibroids. 

I think it’s reasonable to expect that large fibroids which exert pressure on surrounding organs might affect other systems within the body, possibly leading to a cascade effect where one problem leads to another. 

• Posted

Definitely not something to be ignored, get to the gp and explain your symptoms maybe you need some blood pressure tablets or a stress test echo to check for heart problems. I hope you get some answers soon.

Julie

• Posted

Hi hope you are feeling better. Any word from your GP about the symptoms? I think like others have said get your blood pressure checked out. The symptoms could also be due to anaemia if the fibroid causes heavy bleeding. I had open myomectomy 4 weeks ago. The heavy bleeding caused me to be anaemic which included feeling lightheaded and tired quite a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.