Strange thoughts and not feeling myself

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi since yesterday I haven't been feeling myself like I don't feel me it's hard to describe and I keep having strange thoughts I couldn't even get to sleep last night because of this could anybody tell me if this is normal with anxiety I keep trying to convince myself it is any help would be appreciated

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty. Yes sadly this is part of anxiety. I try to find my safe place ie somewhere you feel most relaxed. Let your thoughts take you there.

Are you taking any meds for anxiety?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi sadly this is party of anxiety. Your mind plays terrible tricks on you and that is exactly what it is. Best to try finding a safe place in your mind. I have mine and I travel there iny mind when I get anxious. Try breathing exercises too.

Are you on any meds?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No I'm not on any meds I don't really want to go on them I have just started CBT so I'm hoping that will help,,, do you have bad symptoms with anxiety? Do u suffer with panick attacks aswell???

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I dint really get many panic attacks anymore but the anxiety is worse at least with a panic attack it's over in about 10 mins but anxiety lingers all day. I do have terrible symptoms with anxiety but my meds to help that.

Good you are starting cbt . I am sure that will help you

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Kristy this is very normal with anxiety. I have one very bad thought that always comes back when my anxiety is high and it really scares me, even though I know it's just a thought. I chose meds to help me get through it and I'm also in therapy for cbt.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My anxiety is always higher just before and during my period. My thoughts are telling me I want to hurt somebody, anybody. I don't have a mean bone in my body, yet my thoughts say I want to do this? Did it keep me up at night? You can count on it. I would go over and over every question in my mind trying to figure out why would I have this thought. Am I suddenly developing a major mental disease? Will I actually just snap some day and do it? Maybe I should kill myself instead just to make sure I don't do it. I was in total agony 24/7 and that was the only subject running through my mind constantly. If my mind can make me think it, can my mind make me do it? It was so scary and still is but my meds and cbt are helping me understand that I am the loving person I've always been and it's just my anxiety trying to push me. There are millions of people who have those thoughts while in a high anxiety state. The 3 most common type of intrusive thoughts are around the subjects of violence against others, sexual acts and religion. I've done so much research on this subject. You are not your thoughts kirsty.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You're welcome. I don't usually like to share that thought with anybody outside my therapist and husband but the more I thought about it, I began to think what if there is someone out there who suffers the same sort of thought and they think they're alone and going crazy. I want to help people with intense anxiety and obsessive thinking who think it's not normal when you're in a high anxiety state to have thoughts like these. You may be not having that type of thought but if it's keeping you awake and you can't stop thinking about it, then it's a thought that needs to be dealt with. Don't try to fight the thought away, it will not work. If you have the thought, accept it as just another thought and let it go by. I know, much easier said than done.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up