Stress

Posted , 2 users are following.

Brain chemical linking exercise to better stress responses revealed in Princeton study.

Of course there's more to this story, but this forum will not allow cutting, and pasting. I can underfstand, there could be some inappropriate information that would offend.

However there have been many studies done on the benefits of exercise, I suggest researching this phenomenon.

Exercise can take the place of pills in many cases.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I agree with this, im glad somebody on here is giving answers
    • Posted

IMO this forum is a supplement to professional help, many find it helpful to share their experiences looking for those with similar problems, which seems to be a temporary fix since many keep coming back with recurrences.

It would be advantageous for a quasi pro to offer advice, or at least the moderators allow some on line information to be posted here.

The only help I ever recieved was self help which was realizing I was conditioned to a form of self hynosis which I saw first hand while in Navy boot camp. The hypnotist was no pro, long story short, he couldn't get the subject out of the trance. It was a bad scene, never saw either of them again.

I believe I created, my mind created the panic scenario, and I kept reliving it. I brought it to a halt because I knew I could, and so can many others by reconditioning.

• Posted

Yes, I can relate to that so much. I have had anxiety for years, it started whilst i was in an abusive relationship but i never connected the dots and did not tell my therapist about the abuse so we always looked for other answers. I have spent years looking for this answer, until i split up with his at christmas and started to reflect on the trauma. I think I too am reliving the panic situation, so glad you said that.

Yes, i agree its a conditioned response. Learnt and then unlearnt, I am currently trying to unlearnĀ 

• Posted

The mind game that works for me is, I tell myself, I've been through an episode, I'm over it, it's done, fini, and a feeling of calm comes over me. that relaxed feeling is very real, I can visualize, feel it, I close my eye's, and take myself back to times that my mind, and my body are one. Now I sound like Spock, any way it's a great feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.