Stressed put about jaw pain and obstructive feeling in right lung. Any advice?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dear All,

I am not new to this site but I am new to this forum. Pleased to meet you all. I'm stuck with a bit of a problem. Over 6 months ago I started feeling some burning pressure on the chest, was releasing a lot of gas and burping like crazy. Even had bad stomach pains that would last for hours. Had constipation as well. After of two weeks of this crazy behaviour I visited my GP and was told that I had acid reflux. Understanding the problem as I did I then worked at getting better by exercising and changing my hi carb diet to a healthier low carb diet. I drank more water and cut out sodas and coffee and tea. This helped for a while but then my breathing became a problem and I started to get pains in my face, especially around my jaw and in my shoulders. Thinking that I may have a heart problem or a gallbladder problem I went back to hospital and had both tested. Both tests came out negative and according to doctors I am fairly healthy. Yet the pains in my right shoulder and jaw is still there and I still do at times have trouble breathing from my right lung. I've never had heart problems before and as far as doctors can tell I'm keeping my acid reflux well under control. Even lost a good 23 kgs in the last 6 months. Help me our here. Should I be worried that I'm still getting jaw and shoulder pain even after the doctors told me that everything is ok? By the way I don't get chest pains although initially I did and my stomach pains are also gone.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI,

I had muscular spasms also on my face (and so lots of wrinkles apeared as a result of my acid reflux) and shortness of breath as a result of PPI's side effect....as well as the position I sleep. Try to do some excersize to release the muscular pain - not a demanding one, just for relaxation, yoga does the job and check the way you lie in bed...after a year of unsuccessful GERD treatment I have been told by a homeopath that the root cause of my problem was actually diaphragm spasm caused by stressful routine I used to have. This may cause spasms of the sphinctor on the top of the stomach (GERD) adn spasm in upper chest and face, and put pressure also on lungs. So what you discribe sounds familiar. I have been advised to see an osteopath, but still on waiting list...so might be worth trying both- homeopathy (that looks like doing its job for me as i got rid of the spasms in about a weektime) and osteopathy...Good luck, don't worry too much!

• Posted

Sorry I realized it might be a bit unclear - I had a year of unsucessfull GERD treatment at the local hospital with orthodox medicine - I've tried all types of PPIs, all types of antiacids like Gaviscone, Riopan etc etc. Nothing worked. Just started a homeopathic treatment a month ago and saw the difference in about a weektime. I believe its individual what they prescribe you as your issue might be caused by another reason so might require another medication but I take IGNAZIA AMARA and have to detox from all the unnecessary chemicals that i took during that year with SULPHUR. Also I guess you might want to consider acupuncture. That usually helps in case of muscular tension and pain.
    • Posted

Thanks a lot. Will give that a try. I was given PPIs as well. Dropped them like a hot potato the minute they started causing weird symptoms. I used to get the nastiest headaches. You're right about the exercise. It really does help. Will have to get to a homeopath soon though. Really concerned about my symptoms. Thanks again
    • Posted

Yes definitely give it a try. Also, I am on gluten and lactose free diet. I know I am not allergic to any of those but cutting down on gluten can give you muscle pain relief (sounds weird but I started it with my homeopathic treatment, so just to give you the full picture...). So good luck and fingers crossed. I am sure you are going to get rid of that stuff. Just keep the spirits high!!!
  • Posted

Key word. Stressed. Stress will cause all this. Learn to meditate and shut off your thoughts. Anger and negativity will destroy your vagus nerve and cause lots of issues. Medicines won't help. Good luck

• Posted

You're welcome. I suffered for 2 yrs. now I am completely at ease and very mellow. I can't get excited or it could return

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.