Stretch the scarring

Posted , 4 users are following.

I would like to know if anyone has try stretching their leg to bend and stretch . I'm doing some exercises from my Dr. It leaves the sensation of rash like and burning. But it does seems to work and I was able to go down and up stairs without any stiffness.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm still working on my bending and stretching I'm only at 102 at a little over six weeks I'm a little concerned that I work at two or three times a day and I am still going to physical therapy once a week

• Posted

Ive been preaching stretching til the cows come home! Prevents hip aches,calf aches,ankle aches!

Loosens scar tissue, increases flexibility. The burn is the tissue tearing loose. Cont stretching stops it from rebuilding. Ice all you want, take pain meds all you want BUT IT WILL NOT MAKE THE SCAR TISSUE BREAK LOOSE. It hurts to break up but the its done. There are layers n layers of tissues that must break loose. Massage,stretch n repeat. Warmth helps it get looser b4 u stretch.

• Posted

I'm glad to read that heat can also help as all I hear is ice ice ice!

I'm really struggling to get the bend. I'm 4 weeks post op and start the physio class tomorrow.

I can walk up the stairs on my operated leg with no problems. I do tend to drag the leg up though instead of bending it fully.

I can stretch the leg great but the bend is still so tight.

I really feel like I'm failing!

• Posted

My therapist said the same thing. Its good to know. That's the way to go!

• Posted

Helen

Your quad is weak and thats why youre not bend/lifting it going up steps. Itll get better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.