Strong fear that something awful will happen to my loved ones

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I've decided to write on this forum because I think I'd might suffer from anxiety. I suffer from really intense fear that something awful will happen to my loved ones. For example, if my husband won't answer the phone I instantly think that he suffered an accident. The fear become so strong I cannot concentrate on anything else, I cannot work, sleep, eat etc. Most of the times I realise that my scenarios are not even logical but still I cannot stop those thoughts and I fell ashamed to talk about this to anybody else. 

Some times this fears appear without any reason and I surprise myself imagining all sort of horrible scenarios.

I would like to know if any of you experience this kind of thoughts. It would help me alot to know that I'm not alone in this situation. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, all the time! That something will happen to me, my parents, my children and their partners! It's relentless some days, almost non existent others! I am having CBT now and hoping i can convince my mind to calm down a little and just enjoy each day!  I think these intrusive thoughts are part of alot of anxiety sufferers triggers for all the physical  symptoms we get... It's learning to accept them that will get it all under control... Easier said than done i know!
  • Posted

Hi Betty, yes I have those same thoughts most of the time and its horrible, I know I just have to tell myself everything will be ok but thats easier said than done, you are definitely not alone x
  • Posted

Sounds like post dramatic stress or your hard wired from. Repertishion seeing a lot of degertiverty from your past. Such thing like tv. dramas . news. Family problem etc. You shud watch comides thing that make you laugh and with good ending repeatedly even if you don't want too

Or for a faster result

Listen to Paul McKenna ( contral your amoushions and run your own brain) for 22 time or more for positive New habit 

Others to listen to are Darren Mark for bigginers find in app market  and Paul scheele thay are expert's and the best in helping the rich and famous 

• Posted

it is very common to worry about things and in your case you are overthinking things because you have too much time on your  hands.  Can you not engage in something to take your mind off worrying about your partner.

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.