Strong smelling vagina after...

Posted , 4 users are following.

So stupidly enough i had Unprotected sex with a guy (only for a minute because i felt Uncomfortable and forced him to top) a month ago.. a couple days after the short coitus, my vagina was feeling a tad irritated and smelled fishy so i thought I was developing a yeast finection. I got My period a couple days after that, and the smell didn’t go away it just smelled really off mixed with the blood. No other symptoms, no irritation in my vagina or vulva, no burning while peeing no abdominal ache or pains. There is a discharge, it’s milly white color, sometimes watery sometimes a little thicker.. my period is done, and my vagina still smells fishy?? I dont Have insurance so I’m saving up to see a planned parenthood. I’m not sure what it is, perhaps my ph is thrown off from the guys penis?? It’s def not a yeast infection-I’ve had one before. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello! Its good that you're saving up to see Planned Parenthood because a doctor is one of the only ways to really accurately find out what might be going on. However, some information based on your symptoms...

Fishy smell can be caused by a couple things, you've ruled on out already which is a yeast infection.

The others are

Bacterial vaginosis- which sounds scarier than it actually is. Its basically the opposite of what a yeast infection is - it's an overgrowth of bacteria. You'll need to get antibiotics from a doctor if you test positive (which is an easy test where they just add some of your discharge to a strip that changes colors to indicate PH level) and it CAN be sexually transmitted by someone elses bacteria.

The other is Trichomonoasis. Trich for short. This is a STD that is a lot more urgent than BV. Due to your symptoms, its unlikely but pay attention to them. It is fishy smell, burning during sex/peeing, and frothy green and yellow discharge.

The others are sweat and pelvic inflamatory diesease(which comes from scar tissue build up from pre existing STDs but causes REALLY BAD PAIN in your abdominal area and you'd know something was really wrong if that was happening so I doubt that)

Overall, get yourself to the doctor as soon as you can. In the meantime make sure you pay attention to any other symptoms that might arise (specifically pay attention to changes in discharge because that is really important in order for the doctor to know what's up)

Try these things

-Do not douche

-Try not to wear tight underwear

-Don't wash with harsh soaps (fragrances and chemicals, try non-scented soaps if you can)

-most IMPORTANTLY is try to eat some yogurt...which is a natural balancer. Make sure it has live and active cultures.

Good luck and I hope you start feeling better!

• Posted

A visit with your doctor wouldn't be a bad idea. Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.