Struggling

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi i am trying to reach out and see if anyone can help, i am 48 not had a period since July what does this mean?

i am so lonely in my marriage been married for 18 years not had sex for 8 years. i love my husband but dont know if i am in love with him. Sex has always been an issue for me as i have a condition which when my muscles down there are all tense.

I get angry all the time, I am tired overweight and recently gave up my music business to spend more time with my dad so we could travel and have lunch out etc, i was also supporting my friend whose daughter was 3 and had a 5 organ transplant in London. My friends daughter died on the 30 December and heartbreakingly my dad died on 31st December. i am in pain with grief i have never felt so much pain.

i no longer feel like a woman and feel like i am on a spiral physically and mentally i am struggling.

it just feels like i am on my own.

ellie xxxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

don’t feel alone I too went through it all even the part of not having sex with my husband you do feel alone I went through so much even having sleepless nights getting angry for no reason crying for no reason felt like nobody cared about me it’s just a part of the menopause you go through and so much more feel free to inbox me if you have any questions there’s a lot more

• Posted

its a horrible time and i understand everything your going thru except you have the added stress of losing people you loved. im so sorry for your losses and all you are going thru! God has helped me on the journey thru menopause. Praying for you to feel better. Hugs

• Posted

its a horrible time and i understand everything your going thru except you have the added stress of losing people you loved. im so sorry for your losses and all you are going thru! God has helped me on the journey thru menopause. Praying for you to feel better. Hugs

• Posted

I'm so sorry for your loss...Not having a period since July is a good sign (I think) as you are getting closer to meno. I'm 51 and still having problems with them each month. I'm also very moody and am angry about 2 weeks before my period. Never know if it's hormones or just being married (ha ha). And to be honest, I don't feel like I'm in love with mine either. Some women simply adore theirs, I don't. Being overweight doesn't help-- I myself am trying to lose the weight-- it's tough because I do feel like eating all the time. Can I suggest seeing a therapist? They can help with the grief you are dealing with. Hugs to you and hope you get back into music..

• Posted

I'm so sorry for your loss...Not having a period since July is a good sign (I think) as you are getting closer to meno. I'm 51 and still having problems with them each month. I'm also very moody and am angry about 2 weeks before my period. Never know if it's hormones or just being married (ha ha). And to be honest, I don't feel like I'm in love with mine either. Some women simply adore theirs, I don't. Being overweight doesn't help-- I myself am trying to lose the weight-- it's tough because I do feel like eating all the time. Can I suggest seeing a therapist? They can help with the grief you are dealing with. Hugs to you and hope you get back into music..

• Posted

Oh dear Ellie, i am so sorry to hear what you have been going through. It is difficult as it is with meno, plus you are loosing loved ones is an added difficulty to deal with. It sounds like you are a very caring person; helping your friend and was spending tine with your dad. You make sure you are kind and caring to yourself too. Marriages get stale after a while. We just celebrated our 25th. I want to respect abd celebrate it in a real sense but deep down i know something is seriously lacking.. I don't have proper periods either. But it doesn't make me feel better. Ds

• Posted

Ellie, my previous message got posted before i finished typing. Yes not having periods does not make me feel better. I feel tense. There are days i feel as if i am having period but nothing there. But i feel i am about to explode;mentally & physically... Awful. You are NOT ALONE Ellie. I feel all dried out. My vagina is dry. We tend to make time to have sex once a week. But i paid the price afterwards. I get mentally disturbed. I also get pain sometimes. Mental unbalance after sex is just AWFUL. I am like a black widow spider. I could beat him and eat him up afterwards. Anyhow we are all alone in our journey and experiences. But at the same time we are not alone in this. TAKE GOOD CARE and BE KIND to yourself. Hugs

• Posted

ellie309

I am so sorry for your losses dear. You do sound like you are in perimenopause. I'm so sorry again. Perimenopause sucks. I hope you get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.