struggling a little

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been coping really well with my anxiety and things seem to be going well, however recently I've been struggling a little as I don't really have any friends where I live and I lost my new job so I'm stuck in the house a lot. I dunno how I can get out and meet more people. It would just be nice to have some friends in my area as well.

*sigh*

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried looking for groups in the area you live.
    • Posted

I haven't but that's a good suggestion. I did consider maybe volunteering also.
    • Posted

That's always a good idea. It could lead to a job, friends and helping out is always good for your soul. 

Good luck! 

• Posted

How about finding a walking group or something else outdoors and active?
  • Posted

hi,,i was like you yrs ago when i moved to new place ,, i then joined a group were people meet to dsiscuss my anxiety and thats how i made new friends,,have a look online to see were a group is held near you,,good luck take care,, xx

• Posted

hi Debra did you find the group to discuss anxiety helpful,my local council are doing one and they ve put my name on list.
  • Posted

This can be a lonely time for you.  You didn't mention whether you have transportation or not.  Try volunteering for a nonprofit...you get to meet people who care about others and are not so self-centered (thinking about oneself all the time can be depressing-I know).  Praying for you.
  • Posted

Hi Stella - as others have mentioned, volunteering would be a great idea - and it might even lead to a job! I did some voluntary work - made some lovely friends and eventually got offered a job there too which I accepted. Good luck
  • Posted

Hey guys, thank you for all the replies. I can drive, but I don't have a car at present. I'm going to speak to my local gum and get back to exercising and see if I can find local groups also. I received a nice letter this morning with an interview for another job also so fingers crossed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.