Struggling big time, think I finally may have hit rock bottom

Posted , 4 users are following.

I think I finally may have hit wrong bottom, I feel like im in a very deep hole with nothing to help me out of it. For the past 4 years I've had so much anxiety over my general health, different types of cancers etc, but my main one has been my heart. I've had everything from chest pain, to shortness of breath, to the skipped beats, thought its beating to fast, thought its beating to slow, thought its beating irregularly.. im only 24!!

I've had every test I could possibly have my heart for someone my age, ecg, 72 hour ecg, stress ecg, echocardiogram, stress perfusion cardiac MRI...

But I still feel like i'm going to drop dead, I had a funny episode just before my holiday a couple of weeks ago where I feel something fluttering in my chest for a second, my breath went and thats it stopped.. was only a second or two. But now i'm here thinking was it some deadly arrythmia, what if i lasted longer and I didnt get my breath back? 

Argh sad Thing is with stuff like this the tests mean nothing if you dont get it on an ecg tape.. you cant go in the docs and say it. 

I've had this before ages ago, nearly the same but the flutter/tremor was on my chest externally just below my ribs, it was only last a second but it would take my breath away, i know it was muscle because I see it move and it was always in the same place. I don't know if this was a panic attack or not, i know if what i experienced the other day was just the same as that but not its internal, maybe it was my esophagus fluttering?

ugh, deep hole, no ladders to get out. I've got my first ever CBT therapy in two weeks, should be fun.. 

Doesn't help that I got home yesterday and my missus said her friend who's 24, does loads of massive bike rides etc, got home the other day and kept going in and out of consciousness, took him to the hospital and they think he's had a heart attack.

Great.. set me back ages again. Ive just been to spain for two weeks where I was ok, i forgot about it when soon as i've come back home it's hit me again.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

My issue is the exact same.. Christmas day last year I was suddenly a different person, constantly feeling chest aches and everything daily. I just got a holter and an ecg, along with a ton of tests.. They said all they could find was sinus tachychardia and that she thinks it's all anxiety, even the pain. I'm 26, so I know how you feel. He may have had a high cholesterol issue that's hereditary that he didn't even know about.. Its always the ones who never get checked out that seem to have the biggest problems.. You've had your heart checked. Just calm yourself. They thought my friends sister who was 16 and severely overweight had a heart attack. Turns out it wasnt, but it is devastating to think someone even younger than you could have a heart attack.. That fear just comes right back.. Did you end up finding out if he did have a heart attack? The fact that you were fine in Spain and not at home shows there is no issue aside from anxiety.. How was Spain? What did you do? What interests you, maybe you should paint, draw, things like that to get your mind a but less anxious.. My new thing is to just sit in the Sun.. Just sitting and feeling the warmth for some reason really calms me down quickly.. I had a heart palp yesterday though and today I have some pain and a fast HR I think. Or I'm giving myself a fast HR, but either way its an anxious day.. Ugh.

• Posted

Nope I didn't, however i want to. My girlfriend got told by a mate of hers, just basically 'they think he may of had a heart attack' and thats it, i don't know the guy that well to text him and ask about it. I doubt it was a heart attack, ive seen him on facebook yesterday planning more 100-200 mile bike rides.. wish i could be like that, potentially getting told you had a heart attack but jumping straight back on your bike.

My mind in spain was just distracted, there was 22 of us in a villa, all my family and my girlfriends family, it was brilliant. my mind was always distracted, I took screenshots of some helpful post on my phone just to help me incase i needed it while i was in spain but i didnt need it once, my mind was happy but then it soon comes crashing back down at home. I don't like my job which i think is a major reason, im in an office all the time 8-5 with no windows, i need to be out doing something.

• Posted

Yeah someone must've just given some bad info then.. No way his doctor would allow such intense biking if he did.. Anyways, what about making it a point to take a walk in the park after work Or before? Even sitting outside on your lunch break might be helpful on those sunny nice days, I also do inside work from 9-3 and 9-5 and it really does bring you down.. Working in an office almost gives you the chance to overthink, especially if you don't really have to interact with a lot of people.

• Posted

Im training to be an eelctrician at the minute, its less money but its doing something different every day, happiness over money any day for me.

Sitting in an office defiantly gived you time to overthink, your sat there with a computer at your will to google what ever you want 😒

Im going to start a big diet/excercise regime on monday, try clear this anxiety up once and for all.. I need to stop obsessing over symptoms like this symptom ive wrote about on here, its stopped me right in my tracks on my excercise/dieting, 3-4 weeks ago it happened. I need to learn to breath, accept its anxiety and carry on

• Posted

You sound A-typical of major panic/anxiety/depression for sure . I suffered mainly with what i thought was always pending doom , i was sure on many, many occassions, i was having either a heart attack or stroke . I worried each time i had an eposide . Started at 21 , my Dear, I am a ripe old 68 , still ticking and would give anything to go back to where YOU are and live life again . Please go to see a Psychiatrist, a heart Dr sent me there years ago, i visited him for a short time

He put me on Disiprimine ( old drug) hard getting on, takes about two weeks , wirked wonders . I took myself off just about 10 years ago .... Dont go through life with worry , enjoy everday, sure your heart us just fine , now we have to make YOU fine . Go to the Drs. Enjoy each ☀️

• Posted

Oh I am the typical anxiety patient.. I bounce from one health problem to another, last year i had severe chest pain whenever i excercised, shortness of breath etc.. got terrible, but then I had all the tests done and said my heart was fine, and the chest pain went.. excercised alot since then and not one bit of chest pain. fast forward a year and now its not some type of angina that im worried about, my anxiety has transformed into palpitations smile If its not one thing its another, i've been in the position so many times been 100% certain i have something deadly like cancer, heart disease, go through tests only to find ive wasted a month of my life living like a zombie scared to death that i have something bad only for the tests to come back normal. the past 4 years have been hell, before that i didnt have problems, i was a happy lad.

I get what you mean about the age, I know i need to make the most of my life, i'll have a burst of postivity, only to come crashing back down the next day worrying again. thank you for the advice though

• Posted

You sound very much like you are suffering ( needlessly) from more of a depression whuch goes hand in hand .... With the mood fluctuating

Been there, done that

Im very serious when i say

PLEASE see a good, reputable 5 Star review Psychiatrist, not a phycologist, big difference

Volunteer .... Set daily goals and let nothing turn you around . Put headphones on and tune into music you love , take a walk , visit or call someone .... Push yourself and be thankful ... Everyday smile your just Fine and your only one in a million that have these symptoms. But "Nothing changes if Nothing changes " God Bless" keep posting and jeep busy smile life is worth living , many didn't get the chance .... Bless yourself and be thankful 😊

• Posted

Thanks, your posts are very encouraging! I am defiantly needlessly suffering from depression, i have a good life, well paid job, nice car, gorgeous girlfriend and a lovely house, what i have got to be depressed out? wish it was that easy, one symptom after another.

I was bullied in school which i think had caused my anxiety, i kept it bottled it, didnt get any anxiety symptoms in school, then soon as i better myself, get a girlfriend etc, bang, all my anxiety symptoms hit home. I just wonder if im paying the price now for all those years of been anxious hoping nobody says anything to me..

Thank you for your words of advice i will defiantly use them smile

• Posted

P.s im off to a clinic in my town in two weeks, its a charity run thing where i get to speak to someone (i presume a phycatrist). First time in 4 years ive asked for help, lets hope it helps!
    • Posted

It will help

Please let me know what you thought

It won't happen overnight . Keep busy

• Posted

I've been dealing with similar symptoms for about 20 years, since I was in my early twenties. It still stops me dead in my tracks every time, but I can work through it easily enough now.

I've worn the heart monitor for weeks, had multiple stress tests and never found anything.

Just a thought, but do you suffer from some allergens? I also find that my symptoms will increase/decrease depending on where I travel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.