Struggling to cope.

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the past week my anxiety has been sky high.  On tuesday night i took an overdose of 900mg of sertraline.  Since then I have been getting stomach pains, and its making my anxiety extremely bad.  I haven't had more than 3 hours sleep a day all week and I am really struggling to cope with this constant panic.  Always waking up in a panic and trying to get through the day.  It's so hard, and I have no idea what to do.  

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey Lauren,

Did you go to the Docs Hun? Xx

• Posted

My doctors is closed until Monday so unfortunatly have to wait until then, but really don't know if i can wait that long
  • Posted

You should go to A&E Hun. You need to get your tummy checked after taking that amount of tablets. Just to be on safe side xxxxxxx
    • Posted

I was taken to hospital on tuesday night after I had done it but I asked to be discharged a couple hours later but they haven't called to say anything is wrong so I'm not sure A&E will do anything xxxxxx
  • Posted

I really feel for you, our minds are difficult to shut off as I know myself. But with help, advice the correct meds we can battle through and try to come out the other end. Im sorry to hear of your struggles, I completely understand because I've suffered with depression myself, including living with my husband who has a serious mental health condition. Did you go to the hospital when you took this overdose? If so have yu been to you local doctor to explain how you are feeling now? Big it persists I suggest you get it looked at it call 111. How are you feeling mentally at the moment? Have you got support around you? To keep yourself relaxed maybe try some meditation. I do it most nights and it helps me no end with anxiety and stress, including my health issues I'm currently suffering with
  • Posted

Hi Lauren. i'm so sorry to hear ur in such pain. pls. ring the non-emergency 111 NHS number. they will hopefully arrange for u to be seen ASAP. btw, all GP practices have out of hours medical cover. if u ring ur local GP, the'll have an automatic transfer to a Doc or give a locum contact no. pls also ring the Samaratians if ur not sleeping. they work 24/7. it's very important that u get some proper medical attention as soon as u can.

warm wishes

Caitlin

• Posted

Hi, you must feel so overwhelmed and must call your local emergency or other local 24 hr resources to help you, for they are there for us when we cant or are to overwhelmed psycologically to help ourselves. They have the medical help you are desperately needing so your mind can rest, and not become a serious unmanaged conditon that could be quite dangerous for you. Please let us know what decision you have made as many of us are very concerned.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.