Struggling to cope!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Got my MRI results a few days ago and been struggling to cope since.

following my prev posts i have had lower back pain for the last year. i see an osteopath every month at the moment to try and get on top of it. i was referred by my gp to the pain clinic. in short he advised painkillers and keeping mobile. i requested a MRI which he agreed to do, i had that on the 22nd December 2016.

Only received the results last thursday.

so in short i have mild  hypertrophy of the lower lumbar facet joints and an element of disc dehydration at the  L4/L5 level. all of which is wear and tear and would be inkeeping of my age. 

i have no issue with this part of the report. kind of knew it would show something.

Then it says i have a pelvic tilt, this could be associated with hip disease or a shortening of your left leg.

None of the above part was expected and i would not have known about it unless i requested the MRI.

Any one had this and what was your outcome? struggling to see my GP as i want to stay with the same one for continuity. i rang this morning and she is fully booked, i could have cried!

Really struggling with this as i have no idea what it means and i am scared of the outcome.

Hip replacements and Shortened Legs run in the family too.

Ugh just fed up!

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Dawn . I am on leave now due to a hip replacement . I just turned 58 and have had 3 joint replacement as orthopedic issue .You might look into Accupuncture as that has been helpful to me .Research exercises to help strengthen that area and the area surrounding . Take care,it may take a while to all work out.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Acupuncture didnt last long for me as i have tried that before.

As for exercising that isnt going to happen i work 8-5 i am shattered by the time i get home and have no time to shedule anything as the pain stops me in my tracks.

Thanks for the advice.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Dawn I understand the pain thing . I would get home from work and be exhausted from the pain .I was also studying for international boards as an LC .Studied for 6 months ,4 hour exam,passed it ,It was just exhausting and my husband is disabled and really did all the cooking and most of the cleaning . I did laundry folding Cleaned the floor and toilets. Did dishes on the weekend .I felt guilty because he had to do so much but I gave 110 percent of what I had and worked full time . He had a triple bypass so he was not doing all that great either . I did my shopping for birthdays and holidays so he didn't have to worry about that stuff . My mother in law got an electric stimulator put in her back for spinal stenosis and that has really helped . It blocks the pain impulses,her brain does not get the message . Has worked well . Take care .

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up