struggling to cope

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so im revising for exams to do with work. Ive got three weeks to go until exam time. My partner has just given birth to our second child. Im currently on paternity leave and are trying to revise when i get chance. But im really struggling with it. I cant get motivated, i feel nervous and anxious whenever i think about it. And im getting nowhere with my revision. Ive got up today and dont feel like doing anything. Ive gone back onto sertraline as i was trying to taper off just until this exam is done. But i just wanted to know if anyone knows of anything that may make me feel better about the whole thing or perk me up a bit. Ive already failed this exam once and my boss will not be happy if i fail it again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How long have u been on sert and what mg? U need to find ways to relax, have u tried rescue remedy? That helps to calm me down and I suffer severe anxiety and it is safe to take alongside sert. Don't beat yourself up. When u r feeling like that leave the revision for a while to get your thought process back then go back to it. 
    • Posted

U may need to up your dose again so u get yourself back to a calming level x
  • Posted

Hi Richard sorry to hear about your problems. You have alot on your plate at the mo with exams and new baby etc..I have just tried taking Sertrline and stopped after a few days as the side effects were awful. Go back to your GP to get some more help, counselling may help and your doc can sort out a referral.  You'll sound a little depressed too. Good luck with everything, I sympathise with you as Anxíety and depression is very hard to deal with, there are so many people out there're suffering from this. I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.