Struggling to cope with digestive problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering wether anyone else had suffered any digestive problems with their anxiety, I'm going back to the doctors shortly as I've literally had enough! For the last 3 or 4 years I've had anxiety issues but this last 6 months has been the worst, and it's getting worse.

I can handle the brain fog just, aches and pains it's the digestive problems I can't control, find myself spending a lot of time at home as I don't want the risk of being caught out. I have coeliac disease or so they say I'm not convinced but anyway I follow a diary and gluten free diet without any problem, I'm just after some help with anything that I can do myself which you or someone you know has tried and is world

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

Hope you're hanging in there. I don't have what you have but I do have acid reflux which is a digestive problem. My anxiety was due to the terrible Symptoms of acid reflux. I thought I was having a heart attack but got it checked out and I was fine it was just anxiety with indigestion. It's terrible. I'm supposed to follow a certain diet as well b

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

what kind of digestive problems do you have?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes I have bad ibs and constipation
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I just read an article that keeos talking about sweet potaoes and how they are great fo ibs but i have no clue if that means they can helo crohns. Im oretty sure it wiuld take a week ir so of eating them to find out. In terms of the anxiety  yes ptobably eveyone one of us had stomach issues..gerd, reflux or ibs. Adrenaline wrecks havoc in the the belly. Diet is a huge pat of heloing your stomach.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

HI 

Ive ahd really bad stomach problems since my anxiety started 3 months ago(even though I have has depression for 16 years)

I have had ct scan and camera down my throat and all was clear, IBS is what they say and Ive had to change my diet totally

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

having digestive problems is a common symptom with anxiety.  Have you ever heard the term "butterflies in my stomach" that is a figure of speech for nervousness, which essentially is anxiety. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up