Tamsulosin struggling to ejacultion

Posted , 3 users are following.

I been taking these tablets for two days now and on the third day I feel horrible feels like I been out on a night out drinking feel terrible feel weak and woke up with a massive headace, after looking at the side affects of the tablets I masurtbated to see if I could ejacultad but couldn't the feeling was there but no semen which I am really worried because me and my wife haven't long had a baby and been thinking of trying for another one in a few months time

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Steve. You don't say how old you are.  The frequent going to the loo normally hits retired men (I am 73). When I first started taking Tamulosin, it was about a week before I noticed any reduction in frequency of loo visits.  My GP said that was normal.  

As to "dry ejaculations", several of us on this board have experienced that.  No commonality I think of solutions. For me, I don't take it any day when I am meeting up with my GF.  It was distressing, initially, to get orgasm but no liquid. My partner was concerned until I read this is not uncommon.  My route is not to take Tamulosin on those days.

• Posted

I have the exact same problem I masterbate but no semen but orgasm.  I was giving this due to extreme bloating causing no urination.  I do urinate a night 3 to 4 times but no issue to me I drink.  It was the bloating.  I due however now have to urinate all the time.  Help
  • Posted

'Dry ejaculation' is a common side effect of Tamsulosin. The drug relaxes the smooth muscle around the bladder and prostate, so that when you ejaculate the muscle that normally closes the route back to the bladder stays relaxed and the ejaculate goes up into the bladder instead of the other way. 

• Posted

Any suggestions should I stop taking it I really didn't have any symptoms other than the bloating and the intense pressure to have a bowel movement and I wasn't having any gas. I really haven't noticed that much of a change.  I am not in your situation where I am married but I do like to pleasure myself at least once a day and it is kind of disapointing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.