Struggling with BV

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been struggling with BV since April it went away for a couple of months with prescribed medicine but now it's back. I've read online soaking in a warm bath with apple cider vinegar for 15-20 minutes helps it go away completely. Has anyone tried this and does it work?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have tried that and it didn't work for me. Everyone is different and it might work for you so give it a try. I've suffered for many years, cured for six years, then had it come back September of last year. I've been BV free now for three months. I took the flagyl and recoilonized my good bacteria with a probiotic containing l.crispatus (jarrow brand), 2 folic acid pills, 2 vitamin d3 everyday. I also used purfem vaginally for 10 nights. My infection was caused by sex so I abstained for two months to give my vag time to heal and build up good bacteria. Consider treating your partner with flagyl as well, some cases are caused by the man as was my situation.

I would go back to the Dr, get swabbed again and have them tell you the specific bacteria that's over growing. Get another prescription just in case the vinegar bath doesn't work.

• Posted

Did u have any odor? I do and it's killing me I have done everything and nothing works!!! I need help!!!

• Posted

yes I did and it was devastating! I'm BV free now and have been since May. No odor or discharge and I have resumed sexual intercourse with no bv flare ups. The only way to get rid of this is with medication and probiotics. Those internet remedies are a temporary fix...at least for me they were...I can't stress it enough to consider that your partner may be the source if your menstrual cycle isn't the trigger.

• Posted

Yes, I haven't tried it yet I will tonight and see how it works.

• Posted

Okay I'm going to give the bath a try, silly question though after you soaked in the bath did you rinse off with soap and water. Mine too is caused by sex, so I will try the vitamins you suggested and see if they work.

• Posted

Why was it devastating? Did it burn a lot or was it something else?
  • Posted

I have tried that as well and it didn't work for me either

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.