Struggling with cold weather

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Anyone else been struggling with the freezing temps in the UK at the moment?

It’s making me feel really unwell. I know it’s unusually cold but I’ve never struggled with cold temps before. I’ve been tested for thyroid which came back normal. So could this be another wonderful feature of peri/meno?

Be interested to hear if any of you ladies have been experiencing this.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Keep well and keep warm!

Dazed x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya..

Yes, I too struggle with cold weather. Especially these recent plummeting temps. Never Used to.

I now get a general unwell feeling if I'm out in it and can take me a while to feel 'normal' again.

I always try to wear a woolly hat and wrap up really well.

I was out in it the other morning just half an hour and didn't quite feel right when I got home.

My guess is it probably is peri related and we're more sensitive to extremities than before.

Wonderful, isn't it?!

I'm 42 and been in perimenopause for a couple of years. I noticed changes in my late 30's. Didn't really know what it was until last year.

Hope this helps and would love to here your story and symptoms

Dora x

• Posted

Hello 

Yes I think our declining hormones definitely have a effect on our body temperature.

I’ve never been so cold in my life as I do at the moment .

Just keep warm and have lots of layers on .

Take care

Linda 

• Posted

Hiya yes the cold is getting to me. I wrap up well with hats scarves gloves but it still gets in somewhere lol. I’ve been feeling the cold in general anyway and it’s maddening as where I work everyone else seems ok whilst I have to put extra layers in! However it all becomes a problem when I have a hit flush as I’m then dripping hot and sweaty !!

I think it’s Peri so try to go with flow really but it can be frustrating at times knowing how to dress I.e. when u go out to the theatre or for a meal.

Hope u feel better soon Hun x

• Posted

Hi Dazed, my body temp goes all over the place. I can no longer tell whether the house is cold and the heat needs to be on or sometimes its the total opposite. I am in UK and snowed in at moment. The only way I can tell if its really cold is to feel the inside of my cats or rabbits ears. If they are warm then house temp ok. If they are cold then heating needs to go on. Thank heavens for my furry friends or I could freeze to death without realising what was happening or why. XXX
  • Posted

I have always been sensitive to cold and I still am. But these so cold weather/snow didn't seem to have effected me that much. Perhaps I am cold anyway. I even felt energised to wrap up and go for a walk, shopping in the snow. The cold weather is is leaving the UK soon ladies. We might soon be complaining too hot weather. Keep well.

• Posted

Hi yes I'm from the UK and I find I'm extremely cold and it goes down my lungs too all this is because of our hormone imbalance..today I went out for a walk and because I don't sleep well it makes me 10 times worst is like you don't know what to do for yourself..I was wondering if thyroids stay normal all through this journey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.