Struggling with thoughts!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Just need to vent and talk about what I been going through in the past weeks. For the most part I can managed my anxiety but lately is been awful sad thoughts about heart attacks and illnesses 24/7 is just so difficult to deal with them. I feel that that's causing me to have extreme anxiety and specially dizziness. I'm going to start my therapy on the 24th but for now I'm trying to cope with it.

Any feedback on he to deal with this for now ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi carla i also struggle with health anxiety quite a bit, its no use telling people not to worry as i no how hard it is trying not to. I sometimes try and distract myself by watching my favourite movies on netflix and try and stay in the moment rather than worrying what illness we might get infact might never ever get. I try and say to myself im going to waste my time and my life anxious about my health and will have wasted all that time doing so. Do things you enjoy and start a new hobby, have a laugh with friends and maybe join an exercise class and gym, i often found that if i felt heathier and fitter i worried less and also felt happier in myself. I hope you feel better soon.. 😊
    • Posted

Thanks so much Donna, Yes I do exactly that I try to keep myslef busy and be around people doing things I like. Thanks so much :0
  • Posted

Do you like coloring?? I also have the worst health anxiety based around my heart. Right now my anxiety is at an all time high. Coloring really seems to help, watching a funny show, cleaning or reorganizing your room, just do things to keep your mind off of it. Tell yourself you can think about it later.. That way it kind of tricks your brain a tiny bit.. Journaling has helped me a lot within the past few days.. I'm only on day 3 and it really gets your stress out.. Let me know if ur into that and I'll explain what different things Ur supposed to write so I don't fill up the whole page if journaling isn't really something that would help you haha

• Posted

For the journaling, write different things different days.. One day write a page full of your worries and every single thing you worry about.. Another day write three things youre thankful for and three positives in your life. Another day write one word like joy, happiness, etc and explain what it means to you.. Another day write things you would do if you were anxiety free for a day.. Theres more but i cant remember them lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.