Stuck in your head

Posted , 7 users are following.

Do you guys find you are just constantly stuck in your head? And all you think about is your anxiety and over think all of your symptoms? Making them worse??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen I am the same all I am thinking about is anxiety and I am very stressed. I don't know what to do.
  • Posted

All the time Jen n I'm constantly telling myself to stop it n try n carry on with what o was doin. Anxiety is horrid n takes over every little thing it can.

Got some good advice today, just laugh in its face n occupy yourself with something to divert ur thinking......I'll be giving it a try as like u I over think every little thing at the min and I'm annoying myself now x

• Posted

Yes. All the time. Awful and very frustrating. Do any of you have the shortness of breath with your anxiety? That is the absolute worst part  of it for me. Been advised to try the breathing technique...easier said than done. Being  anxious stops you being able to focus on anything but the anxiety!!🙆the more I concentrate on the breathing the harder it seems to be.  The good old vicious circle! 
    • Posted

Yes Sue I have shortness of breath and many other symptoms.At the moment I just start a treat with Cit and all the symptoms I have are so unpleasant sometimes I don't know if are caused by anxiety or are side effects of Cit.The problem is that all I can think about is my symptoms
    • Posted

How long have you been on the meds Cristina? Ive been prescribed them and can't bring myself to take them because of the chance of side effects! (clutching head here with frustration at myself) it seems symptoms can be worse before they get better. Even knowing that doesnt help. Lots of people do improve with time. Thanks for response. Much appreciated. X
    • Posted

I am on day 7with cit I am still fighting with side effects:nausea .lost appetite,  heartburn because I don't eat properly  most digestive problems and more anxious because I am terrified about taking med.I hope I will be better soon
    • Posted

All crossed. Would be interested to hear if after another couple of weeks you are begining to improve. Good luck and well done for giving them a go! 
    • Posted

I'm currently taking citalopram and it's taking affect I saw an improvement inthe  3rd week I'm by no means symptom free but I'm able to relax a bit more and think clearly....hang in there u are on the right track 😀
    • Posted

same for me my anxiety causes me the sensation of restricted breathing/breathlessness and muscle tension in my back 24/7,just finished week 1 of citalopram and i actually had a few good hours this week!

If you have anxiety, it's also possible to have shortness of breath even when you're not feeling anxious. That's because anxiety can alter the way you breathe, and cause hyperventilation without any triggers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.