Stuck Stuck Stuck

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Been trawling the topics trying to find meal ideas, i am really stuck for ideas for mealtimes!!

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My favourite \"quick fix\" meal is..

100g wholemeal pasta

tin of campbells chicken soup

tin of tuna in brine..

Boil the pasta then drain..add contents of tins and warm through..

Its lovely with warm crusty bread..and very simple..

I usually have 2/3 for tea and keep the remaining 1/3 for lunch the next day

Not very exciting but its safe :lol:

• Posted

My favorite, although a bit pricey, is -

Mixed green salad, finely chopped tomatoes, finely chopped red onions, finely chopped cucumber, 3/4 fresh scallops wrapped in low cal bacon (1 rasher does 3 scallops). Sometimes I throw a few prawns on too.

Saute scallops in 1 cal oil spray for about two minutes each side. Add to salad with low cal vinegarette dressing. Its delicious. I feel a bit better when I eat something really tasty and don't feel I'm missing out so much. Enjoy! x

• Posted

I too am often stuck for ideas. Didn,t think of posting for some, so well done lovehandles (love the name!) Think it will be good ider to share others favourites.

My favourite is sweet potato and carrot soup. Cover with water and cook together sweet potatoe , carrots, veg stock cube and season well. when cooked blitz with a blender. You can thin it down with more water, or skimmed milk if you want a creamier soup.

Gorgeous colour, and a taste for even the sweet tooths out there, :D

• Posted

Ooo, the soup sounds lovely. Will give that a try.

I've been on them for about 3 weeks now and also get really stuck for ideas.

I've never eaten quite so many jacket potatos!!

One thing I have been having that seems to be ok (no Tango effects!) are turkey fajitas, they are quite filling and so long as you don't use oil to fry the chicken it's safe (not to mention tasty and \"normal\"!)

Any ideas are appreciated so keep posting guys.

Sam x

• Posted

I do pasta with tuna, sweetcorn mixed together with some low fat mayo, usually have some salad with it.

I think I'll try the pasta and chicken soup. :D

xx

• Posted

You can swap the tuna in the pasta for chicken or bacon (or both)..

The soup is so thick it acts like a sauce..it really is nice.. :lol:

• Posted

Hi guys try this:

Chicken and Chorizio bake - fab.

Simply cut some chorizio into cubes or slices, add a red onion or two cut into quarters, add some vine tomatoes whole, a half teaspoon of olive oil and mix together in the bottom of a dish - place 2 pieces of chicken on top and roast in the oven for 20-30 mins until the chicken is cooked

Doesnt sound like much but if you want to add some par boiled new tatties too that you can - no o/oil result and very tasty if you want a bit of spice :wink:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.