Stuffy ears anyone? Is it another peri symptom?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had this issue during my first pregnancy, they blamed my hormones for ear fullness and sinus problems. I've been having worst time in perimenopause for ladt 6 months, anxiety, palpitations, mood swings, missed or light periods... but this ear fullness is driving me crazy... anyone else experiencing this?

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes. All day, every day. My ears pop with the pressure like being on an airplane. Drives me nuts!
  • Posted

I've had this since January, sometimes it's not too bad but sometimes the pressure gives me a headache, when it's bad I take sinus medication, helps some. Apparently it's quite common.

• Posted

I take allergy medication with decongestant... but I try to avoid decongestant since I have anxiety, it makesit worse..... it's crazy how hormones affect everything. I've never had allergies except in my first pregnancy and now...

• Posted

Yes! The last 6 months of my preganancy my ears and sinuses drove me nuts. And literally the day after my child was born it went away. Then, when all this hormone business started with peri all the fun came back. It's hit and miss for me.

• Posted

Hi dramisha, yes I do...My ears ring like crazy too.  
    • Posted

Yes same here. It started right after my anxiety and palpitations started out of the blue in March... it's been down the hill since... but they say nothing lasts forever so let's hope it ends soon

• Posted

Yes for a couple years. Feels like cotton stuck in them. Usually one ear at a time. Doctor checks them,says they are fine. Told me post nasal drip,which I am now treating. Don't know if it's hormonal but it's another annoyance to deal with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.