Stupid health anxiety symptoms!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ugh!!!! Day 9 on Sertraline and I am shaky, I still feel anxious and it STILL feels like there's something in my throat! I've stuck my fingers down there and I can't feel anything, but it's like phlegm or something! It's really scaring me sad has anyone else got this?! I know I've asked before but I really need reassurance xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura.Yes,is just anxiety I have this phlegm in my throat all the time try to swallow it but is still there
  • Posted

Yes I've had it constant for months on ocassion,its purely anxiety but its distressing I know
  • Posted

Hi Laura, I've been off work now for 3 months with bad anxiety, I'm constantly swallowing and because if that I'm feeling bloated and uncomfortably all day , do u feel like this xx
    • Posted

I don't feel bloated, no. I just feel like there's something in my throat xx
  • Posted

And now the left side of my neck and to my collar bone feels tight 
  • Posted

Chances are its your anxiety causing these symtoms, but on the other hand its possibly reflux, which is a side effect of certain meds, Im on cit and had the feeling in my throat and reflux, and the worse my mood was the worse the discomfort. Went and got the camera job done and nothing. 9 days aint long enough for the meds to have started doing their job, so you need some distractions, like reading, walking, cycling even working. trust me I'v been there it will get better
    • Posted

Did your side effects last long?I am on cit and the side effects are really severe.
    • Posted

Im on cits 10 weeks, the first 2 or 3 were very bad, then it eases week by week. week 8 things stated to get noticably better. just keep on talkin, walkin and reading and it will improve, I,v had 2 good days and 2 not too bad days this week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.