Stupid thoughts all the time

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am feeling horrible at the moment, every ache is a heart attack every head ache is a brain tumour every dizzy spell is going to knock me out!! I just want to be normal

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

anxiety can make u think the worst ;( try to breathe wAtch a funny movie and tell yourself you're oksy because you are smile 💜
  • Posted

And the more we don't want these thoughts..... The more they come!!! It's a vicious circle but try and remember you are FINE!! There's nothing wrong with your health .... Imagine your stood on the side of the road and watching the thoughts drive by past u!!!! It's the cruel horrible world of anxiety that were living in xx keep strong
  • Posted

I am so so sorry you are feeling this way. You feel nervous that your aches and pains are something worse than they really are? is that what your anxiety is?

Do you have shortness of breath and feel like your chest is popping out/ I have felt that way. What medication do you take? 

• Posted

Hey Rachel,

I actually do feel the thing with my chest popping out. Can you explain more? And how you got through it?

I sometimes have issues with exhaling not inhaling, weird enough

• Posted

Hey Steph,

I promise you, I was so scared to take the medication that I though I would get panic attacks. But the truth is, you won't. Your anxiety might increase a little bit for the firsg period of the therapy, but it is all for the best!!

Try it and follow your doctor, even though we don't trust them most of the time.

Just know, that whatever you're going through, millions of people went through it before you. And every last one of them got out of it!!

Cheers mate

• Posted

No one was more scared then me Steph, I cried and worked myself up into a right state last Friday at the thought of taking my 1st tablet, I have had increased anxiety today on day 7 but I have got thru it, try and take them may be hard for the first week or 2 but will help in the long run x
  • Posted

I feel exactly the same as you it's horrible, worry about my health all the time, be been taking escitalopram 2.5 mg for 7 days now, supposed to take 5mg but am terrified of side effects, upping to 5mg as of tomo, anxiety is a horrible thing these meds helped me lead a normal life 10 years ago so I know they will work eventually, hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

Thanks everyone even typing this has made my heart beat really fast and now feeling like i can't breathe, scares me all the time i wish it would just go away xxx

• Posted

Steph,

The thing is, anxiety won't just go away. It's feeding on your fear for your health and your fear of anxiety in general. Accept your anxious state, and operate next to it. I find that deep breathing and meditation helps, also getting enough sleep. I hate to even take something for a plain old headache and recently refused to take meds for an eye infection belapse I hate meds BUT....... just knowing I have xanax if I need it gives me comfort. Sometimes, even if I'm not overly anxious but I can't sleep. I take 1 and it's a life saver. It gives my mind and body a chance to rest.

• Posted

I keep obsessing over the dude effects on the sertarline... I feel like they're going ti make me do summit I don't want to, which gives me panic attacks.. 😔

• Posted

So sorry Steph you are in this mess with the rest of us. Knowing there are millions just like us helps. I have read all replies and they all describe me. I have had anxiety 2 3/4 years. Mine apparently started after I was fearful of having surgery to have my gallbladder removed. I was on my last leg with anxiety. Classic health anxiety regarding thinking my heart was on its last beat before a heart attack. Doctor visits over 30 times and they all said I was fine. I started 5 mg of escitalopram and felt a difference after about 7 days. That was 3 months ago now and my anxiety is, for the most part, gone. Please don't be fearful of taking meds. It CAN give you your life back!!! Yes, they take a little getting used to, but those side effects wore off in the first week for me. Feel free to reach out to me for questions. God bless each and every one of us going through this. You can beat this!
    • Posted

God bless piglet! Love to hear the replies of people having success with their treatment.

I wish the same to everyone here!!

• Posted

So nice to know that your meds are working, I went up to 5mg last night from 2.5 and have been anxious for most of the day, I was going to drop back down tonight but reading your side effects only lasted a week at 5mg I think il persevere,
  • Posted

Have u seen your GP? are u on any meds?

All my support

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.