Subconcious thoughts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all havent posted in a bit, i was having such a good week so positive and on during the weekend i went to a party and drank too much.. with having anxiety i know is never a good idea! Anyway since then my mood has jusy gone down completely and im having stupid negative and subconcious thoughts and my anxiety is sky high, my negative thoughts litterally overwhelmed me so much i took a really bad panick attack and felt i was losing complete control it was terrifying... does anyone else get this? Does anyone actually be able to hear their negative and subconsious thoughts? Cus i feel like im losing it all together..

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel18350

I had the exact same thing,

I have GAD and have had it since i was 17, Now over the years my symptoms change and get better or get worse, depends on my stress and situations and life changing areas. As of recently about two months ago i had a very heavy night on the liqour and the next day i had like three panic attacks and have had severe anxiety for 2 months now and it is finally calming down, however it is not always this bad because i have heavy nights on the liqour once every 2-3 weeks and sometimes i am completely fine the next day with just a Hang over, it depends on you and your anxiety and current situation in your life, i have found new changes in my life trigger different anxiety levels and panic attacks with my GAD. But this is normal for anxiety disorders as i also get the negative thoughts even though i have been to my GP about 50 times and had a MRI, ECG, blood tests and came back healthy and normal. Alcohol can trigger it which you need to realise but just remember, it is just your anxiety being extra sensitive on this occassion. It is quite horrible,

My symptoms were :

-Trouble breathing

-Heart racing

-Body shaking

-Pressure in head

-Blurry vision

I hope this helps. 

• Posted

Hey yeah i completely understand because sometimes when id have heavy nights out i would be fine the next day, just depends how your anxiety is really, im much more aware now that thats what alcohol does to you and to be more cautious next time, thank you for your advice means a lot i have the exact same symptoms when im anxious and my mind does be racing too
  • Posted

I am experiencing the same as you friend, I'm taking anti anxiety and anti depressant medication have been for around 8 weeks, I had a huge panic attack the first week of taking them, racing palpitations, thinking I'm gonna die, derealisation kind of feeling where it feels like I'm not me or something it's weird it lasted for an hour and I ended up calling NHS 24 j was that scared but by the time I was off the phone I had settled down, starting to feel a little better this last week as the doctor increased my dosage and I hope that it's starting to get into my system and take effect but here's hoping no panic attacks in 7 weeeks touch wood long may it continue hope you are well feel

Free to drop me a message anytime, anxiety and depression can be a lonely place at times

• Posted

Hi ranger507 so sorry your feeling like this, yeah anxiety and depression are most definatly a very lonely place😪 I have no clue how to start a private message on this haha

• Posted

I find that this happens to me aswell and anxiety is an awful thing and it really irritates me when people say "its all in your head" or "its not even a real thing" when it reality its very real and displays horrible physical symptoms however what has helped me is having more of a possitive outlook on the situation i went from being someone with anxiety feeling sad,depressed etc to finally saying im sick of this and its took me 3 months but i havnt had any anxiety or anything for 3 months just by changing the way i thought ive taught myself that you are in charge of anxiety not the other way round once you regain self control of your mind again your anxiety will slowly become a thing of the past, this is just my experience and opinion but its worked for me smile

• Posted

Its the most annoying thing when people say that! Someone told me that i could possibly be suffering with SAD seasonal affective disorder during the winter months i find the dark evenings and lack of sunlight make me anxious and down, but thank you so much jade for that piece of advice il defo take it on board!
    • Posted

Your welcome,i hope your anxiety can be resolved and if you ever need anybody to talk to just drop me a message im happy to listen smile

• Posted

In this comment just hit the wee mail symbol thing at the top right if you ever fancy it, take care friend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.