Subepithelial bleeding due to trauma, but no trauma

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello All, my periodontist first discovered some small, slightly puffy red spots on the roof of my mouth in June 2020. They have since gotten bigger and are now uncomfortable. They feel like a constant pizza burn. I had the largest one biopsied, and the results came back as subepithelial bleeding due to trauma. Thing is, I've had no trauma! So, it's a head scratcher as to 1) what could be causing this? and 2) how to treat it? I had a bunch of blood work done as well and everything came back normal. In addition to the periodontist, I've also been to see an ENT. The periodontist said not to worry about it (that was before it started bothering me) and the ENT suggested I may have developed a sensitivity to my toothpaste. I changed my toothpaste a couple weeks ago and it's the same. So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had something similar and what was the eventual cure. Thank you!image

0 likes, 0 replies

Report / Delete

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up