Succcess story of how i fixed my roaring tinnitus which was etd induced

Posted , 5 users are following.

I developed tinnitus first in left ear and then in the right after a flight i took on january of this month because i had a head cold at the time of the flight which caused barotrauma...

Tinnitus kept increasing over time and i was loosing my grip over life it was the most horrible expirience of my life and the ent told me to just habituate the tinnitus and he didnt ever bother to find out the cause of the tinnitus just did a hearing test which came out just fine..i was hopeless and clueless about what to do but then thank god i came across this post by rick garner on tinnitus talk.com(my battle with tinnitus was over) guys go pleease read it i cant stress it enough..if your tinnitus is also induced by etd then definitely it can be cured..

Things i did

Used nasonex nasal spray two shots in each nostril one a day

Immediately after that did the toynbee manuver and popped my ear 20-30 times and then popper my ear 30 times every hour through out the day..my ears dont pop with vasalva manuver but toynbee manuver works like magic look it up on the net guys..my tinnitus has come down so much i forget about it during the day only can hear it at night in bed that too very mild..that will fade away too withing few months once my et is back to fully functioning state..all the best to u guys too if your tinnitus is etd induced then it will definitely go away dont worry

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for posting - will look this up. I too had a flu and bad cold and flew in January and developed tinnitus.  I have a year and a half wIt to see an ENT.  Will give this a try and post an update.
    Report Reply
  • Posted

I'm also experiencing 24-hours Tinnitus now while having ETD.  So weird that I have had ETD since Dec 2017 but haven't had Tinnitus until now.  Could ETD eventually cause the ringing?

?Also, how is "Nasonex" different from "Flonase"?  Is there video link of these magic cure?  Really any help to reduce my Tinnitus ringing would be much appreciated!

Blessings.

Report Reply
    • Posted

NAsonex and flonase both are i think steroid based nasal sprays.you could try the toynbee manuever and see how it works for u,pop your ear just once and try to observe the changes,do it 30 times every hour if it seems to help,i am almost entirely cured of my etd just with this simple life saving exersice 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes both are steroids- one thing to be wary - extended use does have co sequences.  For me brought on cataracts at a young age and rapidly progressed.  Had to have both eyes done last summer at 53 yo.   No history of early cataracts in my family.  Both parents are living and still don’t t have them.  It was my surgeon that told me about steriod nasal or creams I had used to treat eczema.  
      Report Reply
    • Posted

I have tried the nasal sprays 3 months now to try and clear fluid (and tinnitus ( but nothing has worked.

If you are asking prior to that used them on and off for years due to seasonal allergies and steriod creams for eczema.  It is the prolonged use that likely caused my cataracts.  Had those surgeries last summer.

Wishing I could find a way to clear up tinnitus- can’t fathom this is permanent.

Report Reply
    • Posted

No it doesnt go away this soon it takes upto 3 months of regular practice of toynbee manuver 20-30 times everyhour of the day,by the time three months end i can assure you the tinnitus will be gone
      Report Reply
  • Posted

Thanks for this. I got tinnitus about 5 years ago after a flight. My ears were so blocked because I had a cold and I ended up blowing the right one out trying to clear them. I've always had Eustachian Tube Dysfunction as I had grommets as a kid so I suppose my right ear is all blocked up. But how could it remain so for so long. I will try your technique but personally I find that if I irritate my ears too much by blowing, etc, the tinnitus gets worse.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Valsalva manuver is a dangerous form of ear popping dont try that,try the toynbee manuver as i have explained in my comment above,it cured my etd entirely,30 times every hour for around 3 months and trust me u will totally get rid of your etd and tinnitus 
      Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up