Success on Citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been on Citalopram for 1 year and 2months. I was severely ill with anxiety and depression, very terrifying, I was so ill.

It started off with me feelin sick at different points throughout the day, a feeling of darkness, not feeling like myself, the symptoms got worse. I lost about 1 stone and a half in weight, there were many othet symptoms as well, it was a living torture. To top it all off I didn't know how or when I was going to get better. I was prescribed Sertraline initially, but had such a bad time on it I didn't take another. I thought I was going to die that night. Anyway after that I was terrified to touch anymore antidepressants. A month later I did, as I was desperate to get better.

I tried Citalopram, I also found a really supportive doctor and a support worker at Mind. Bearing in mind some days I felt too ill to get to a doctors and it wasn't until I was abit better I went to mind. Citalopram took about 5/6 months to work, I was loosing hope. The doctor then added another drug to the mix, which apparently was meant to make me think i was getting better. I was exercising, trying to find ways to cope with this awful illness.

A year later, I am now 90% better, slowly decreasing my dose and back working. Life still is not fully smooth, but I realise not to overdo it, to breath deeply, to go to the seaside, to be outdoors, to visualise a calming view to help survive. I have been meaning to message for awhile as these forums really helped me through this time, so I am giving back the positivity. Please don't believe all the negative you here, you will get better.

Good Luck xx

6 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.