Success stories

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone got any mirtazapine success stories? It all seems to be negative/withdrawal advice on here.

Ive tried it before but I don't think I gave it enough time!

Other anti depressants like prozac made me more depressed and gave me horrible thoughts.

Thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry I was on this drugs years ago it saved my life it was the best for me but maybe not for you it took about 4to 6 weeks to find a difference but don't stop cold turkey go to doc and he will wean you off it
  • Posted

I had 6 wonderful years on 45mg of mirt they stopped working in December.only side effect was weight gain

Im still on 15mg my withdrawal was too quick and Im scared to attempt the last 15mg and that was doctors instructions!!!!!!!

But everyone reacts differently

Stay Strong

• Posted

Hi Chris

I noticed the same as you and started a thread here called "in Defence of Mitazapine", but I think it may have "dropped off" the forum now?

I had severe GAD, so was prescribed citalopram.  I could not sleep on that so changed to sertraline.  Little better, so GP added mirt for sleep.  Miracle!  I felt so much better.  I think the sertraline deals with the anxiety and the mirt deals with the insomnia caused by the sertraline (an SSRI).

Main disadvantage is having to sleep over 11 hours, and having to fight the "munchies" in the evening.

I disagree with some people on this forum who withdraw from mirt and blame mirt for all their woes.   I suspect that they are getting back symptoms which the mirt was helping them with. 

• Posted

I wasn't aware that you could take both Sertraline and Mirtazapine in unison; do you find the combination of the two successful? Do you mind if I ask what dosage you're on?
    • Posted

I take 7.5mg mirt for sleep and 100mg sert for anxiety.   Apart from the disadvantages i mentioned above I feel completely "normal".

Some GPs are  loathe to prescribe drug combinations.  Psychiatrists are more likely to.   

• Posted

I'm on 15mg Mirtazapine and can't praise it highly enough. I take it for anxiety, not depression, and to help me sleep. I sleep like a baby, right through 'til morning, without waking once. I just take it an hour before I plan on going to sleep. Now, I will say this, I feel the same way that you do, in that I am terrified of coming off Mirtazapine because the people on here seem to have gone through Hell and back. I'm hoping, when I finally decide enough is enough, because I am on such a low dosage, it'll be a piece of cake... fingers crossed, haha.
    • Posted

Hi David

Yes I know quite a few people who take mirt and sertraline together.

Im on 150mg of sert and 15mg mirt butits not working for me.

Sert goes from 50mg up to 200mg

Stay Strongconfused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.