Success Story

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm 8 months post TKR. Yesterday was my daughter's wedding. I wore high heels all day until after midnight and danced all evening.  I could hardly walk before my op. My knees still fine today.

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Well done!  So pleased to hear good news.  I am now beginning week 7 post op and went to my friends ruby wedding party last night.  First time dressed up with nice shoes!  Yeah felt good.
    • Posted

Well doe carol, very impressed with shoes at 7weeks, you are doing well. And doesn't it make you feel like a woman again. love from tucks 
  • Posted

There you go ladies and gentlemen.  TKR can be a huge success. It just takes time.

Lynn 19.5 weeks post op (and improving every day now).

• Posted

biggrinThat's wonderful and something very encouraging to hear
  • Posted

Brilliant! Just the sort of thing I love to read😊 So glad you had such a good time. My son is getting married Dec 2015 and my aim is to do just that - high heels and dancing 👠👠 Jen (16 weeks post op & improving slowly) 
  • Posted

Good for you my freind, I am 12weeks and really doing well, but still get several bad days and nights a weeks. I know it will all be alright in the end.it must have been so lovely for yout be able to enjoy yourself properly with that constant knowing doubt will my knee hold out. Keep well your battle now seems to be over tucks x
  • Posted

What encouraging news. I haven't been able to wear high heels for years but would so love to do so. Went out last night for my first do ( 7weeks post op) and felt like a woman again but was still in jeans and trainers. I did have a dance with my hubby but it was a smooch. Can't wait to jive again. You've made me think it's possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.