such bad cramps

Posted , 6 users are following.

I feel like i am on here all the time of late. So currently experiencing severe cramps with heavy flow. I feel like my uterus is swollen and contracting. I am 48 next month and been in peri for the last 18 months/2 years. I had a period in october then went 66 days no period then started spotting 18th december last year for 5 days then had a heavy period for 5 days and have spotted every day since. I spoke with my gp 1 week ago and did vaginal swabs to rule out infection which, went off on tuesday morning. I have an appointment with her next friday. I started with a normal period on wednexday this week and flooded last night and several times today. Well around 4 pm i started with cramps which have intensified and i have been in so much pain. I have take ibru and paracetamol all day. Th pain has become unbearable so i have just rang 111 and a gp is going to ring me within 2 hours. This was 30 mins ago and i have just had a big flood of blood with small clots and the cramps have subsided. I now wish i had not rang 111 as the pain is more bearable. Is this normal to have such pains and then flooding ? or may i have some sort of awful infection as not experienced such pain before??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i am 43 and been in peri since i was 35. I started my monthly three days ago and ive been cramping really bad all three days! I too am unused to this type of pain but i believe its all so to peri. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

i am 43 and been in peri since i was 35. I started my monthly three days ago and ive been cramping really bad all three days! I too am unused to this type of pain but i believe its all so to peri. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Oh my, I hope Dr figures out what's going on.. I have a heavy flow with big clots and 2 of my periods have been with really bad cramps that I took IBpr or just had to lay down because really bad to do anything. Make sure your taking iron with those heavy periods and B12 wouldn't hurt either. Just got my labs back and the numbers are different than last years test-- I have a feeling it's due to the heavy periods!!

• Posted

sorry your suffering with pain. I too feel that my uterus feels swollen not had a period for 4 months now but uterus feels really strange. I get paranoid incase it's something more sinister. hope your pain subsides soon

• Edited

Hi Amanda,

Hope you get to bottom of it. I am almost fifty one and have been menopausal for about 5 years. I just recently had something just like what you described. I have had bad cramping before but that was many many years ago. I had never had flooding. My periods are weirdly timed and different. What a ride.

• Edited

Hi just to let you all know, my swabs came back all fine as did my bloods. Had an appointment with mg Gp thi evening and she is referring me back to gynae as i continue with spotting following that awful painful period just gone. She gave me an examination and stated all looks normal and stated it is probably all peri but, referring me just in case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.