27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh no What has brought this on, please talk, we are here to help. You have got a beautiful life to look forward to. Please stay strong your previous messages have been positive, you can beat this but you must accept help from others and health care professionals. You are a beautiful person with everything to live for.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was drowning myself in my negative thoughts. Reviewing al of my past mistakes all of my downfalls all of my dum behavior over and over again until I told myself there was literally no coming back from all of that. That everyone will always see me as this messed up horrible person. And I do that a lot. It gets so bad to the point where when I am around others I am afraid to be myself bc I don't want to be judged. Almost everyone has seen me f up or do some embarrassing things and I feel like that's just what they automatically think about when they see me so I just don't speak. I let others enjoy themselves in convo and kind of stay quiet and hope no one says anything to me lol yea it's a mess but that's the main thing. I just need to work on thinking positively and not caring about what other people think. I'm a weirdo but (and no one knows this but I am fun silly, funny and just wana have a good time) I just have to allow myself to. It's life we'll be judged until the day we die and even then we will still be judged. I mean I judge others at times too I may feel bad afterwards but ya know it's happens. I am so happy that I didn't take my life. Yes this is a struggle and it's hard to motivate myself to get better but I really want to. So I will. I have to. Thank you for your support and for being so kind. I really apriciate it Diane91562 ❤️
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Helene, please, talk to people on here who can support you in any way possible.. if you really do feel total desperation, then please do not hesitate to go to casualty straight away.. is there anyone at all that you can turn to. ? Please talk to us on this forum, we have all been there ( more. Than once ) and come through the other side... let people help you... Dee xxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks dee. And for now not really it's just me. My bf is full of life and does not understand in the slightest bit of what depression is he's always so happy and energetic and I never want to take that away from him so I stay quiet about it. I am getting better though. I'm just going to keep taking it one day at a time and leave the suicidal thoughts in the dumpster where they belong haha thanks dee for you support ❤️
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feel the same right now but I have learnt through time that this does pass so that's what keeps me going and the reason why I would never act on it. It's really hard I know but tomorrow is another day and you may feel different. If you get to the point were you feel you can't cope with it then do as others have said and get to A&E. if you can hang on in there maybe get a doc appointment in the morning. I know how very hard it is but please try and stay strong you won't feel this way forever honey x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that Michael. I hope you are in a different mindset now. It is a struggle but that strength is within us. And you are right it does pass. Knowing that I guess that why I couldn't got through with it eighther. It's just not worth it. I thank you so much and I'm going to stay strong and keep pushing and you promise me you'll do the same 😊?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am so pleased you don't sound so low as you did earlier.  You have found yourself that things can improve.  sometimes we see things so black, yet like you say, wait a day or two, and you can feel different.  Ups and downs all the time.  I have fought for over 20 years, because, yes, it is worth it. 

Don't let depression win. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, please let us know if you are still ok, even if it is only one or two words..people REALLY DO CARE AND WANT TO HELP... Dee..xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi nelebe, thank goodness you are ok, I am so very, very happy that you are, as will all the others on here,, we were very worried for you as we all truly felt for you..please believe that we do understand and care for how you feel... promise that you will not lose touch again, we want you to feel supported... love, and sincere wishes to you, Deirdre xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Nelebe

Please seek urgent help through a mental illness helpline. I have a depressive illness and I realise that when I think about taking my own life then it is the illness that is making me think like that. It is normal to want to live. Even when people who dont suffer depression are in life threatening situations they still have the will to live. It is natural and normal.

When you seek help for your depressive illness you will be looked after and made normal again. I have been. Read my profile. I am proof that no matter what you must get professional help in order to think normally again.

Good luck and you are not alone. Most of us here have been where you are today. Get help even when you dont think anything will work. That is your illness talking.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Nelebe

I have just read all your replies to each of us. You personally acknowledged our support and that is a very thoughtful and special thing to do. In my mind you are a caring, loving and authentic person.

If we just focussed more on the present and left the past behind us and stopped dragging it all into every day we live, what a better life we could have. Children make tons of mistakes and annoy each other and say mean things, but they dont carry that into the next hour let alone into the next day. What we love most about children is that they just move constantly forward and we just admire and love them for that. We dont hold them accountable for every mistake and rotton act they have committed.

We enjoy them for their unique personalities.

We are all children when it comes to our emotions and sensitivities. We need to learn to live in the present and stop worrying about yesterday and tomorrow so much. Growing up needn,t be such a burden....surely

Take care. Get help. Mental health services are free in NZ and so they should be. I hope you can get help without it needing to cause a financial burden. Then agakin....can you afford not to get help? Just a thought.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Nelebe please stay strong, i so know how you are feeling right now and it's notnice but you will get through this I promise.  Its been a bad day for me too but I want you to know that we are all here to help one another through the hard times.

xxxx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up