sudden anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started having panic attacks and anxiety soon after I had my 1st baby. It is a constant struggle every day to fight those feeling of anxiety. It starts as soon as I wake up and lasts thruout the day. I hate that I can't let these feeling go and now I am separated from my husband. I can't stop thinking that I am going to die suddenly and leave my newborn ababy behind. Does anyone else feel this way?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi jessica. sounds as though you're having a very difficult time. sometimes following giving birth, it can take a long time for hormones to settle down & for the body to get back to normal functioning again. think it would be a good idea to go back to your GP or midwife and see what they can offer to prevent exacerbation of symptoms etc.

Caitlin

• Posted

Hi Jessica

I was exactly like you after having my first baby, it just started one night when I was in bed and thought I was going to die! Mine used to start when I woke up too had a feeling of dread I was scared to be left on my own incase anything happened to me and my baby was left on her own, iv been to hospital with a rapid heart beat and chest pain everything Was fine I'm now on medication which has helped loads and starting cbt soon, go to your gp and explain how you feel x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.