Sudden death?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi again

I have a MAJOR fear of suden death syndrome right now. Does anyone know the chances of this? I am a 17 year old girl. I am terrified, please can someone reassure me.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have the same problem... I'm always making a big deal out of small pains, even.
  • Posted

It's actually more common than you think for people to have this type of fear. I have it myself and I'm a 22 year old girl that's had hypochondria/anxiety my whole life. Any ache or pain or tightness anywhere I automatically assume the worst. The only thing that can be helpful sometimes is surrounding myself with people and distractions as much as possible. It seriously sucks living like this every day, some days being better than others, some days being worse. We have to learn to teach our brain to stop automatically thinking the worst outcome the second you start to have anxiety about SDS. Really just talking to people and getting advice has helped me with it.
  • Posted

there are a lot of people with anxiety who fear death. it is just a matter of acceptance that you will die sometime and moving on with your life without further worry on the subject.

rich

• Posted

This is very common in anxiety/panic It thrives of fear

There is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you are in danger when you are not.

Consider therapy to learn how to cope

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

Its an obssesive thought problem. This sudden death thing is extremely very uncommon and rare ..something you would find on thoses sci fi tv shows. 
  • Posted

I think every person that has anxiety has this fear atleast I know that I do. It sucks.
  • Posted

Hi TisdaleLondon, I promise you that you will not just drop dead, it just simply won't happen! I have had heart palpitations and all sorts of symptoms over my life at different times and convinced myself of heart problems and all sorts, but nothing bad has ever happened. I'd be willing to bet everything I own and all my future earnings on the fact that you are fine and will not just drop dead! Its so so rare and most often there is a genetic link! Trust me on this one you have more chance of winning the lottery or being struck by lightning smile
  • Posted

It seems very unlikely. 

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.