Sudden feelings of nausea

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anyone get waves of nausea that come and go out of nowhere ? I do get almost continuous anxiety at the moment .

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm 12 days post op and the last two days feel sick constantly!! On HRT but trying to give it more time to settle! Keep thinking I'm coming down with a bug :-(

• Posted

yes am having those today and cant go out.     all meno i think or am beginning to wonder??

• Posted

Yes, although not so much now.  I had the nausea for a couple of years and the anxiety for longer.  I still get the anxiety but it's reduced now - or maybe I've found better coping strategies. I gave up milk and that seemed to help with the nausea.

• Posted

I used to get strong waves of nausea for no reason .... in fact when I first started this horrendous journey it was the GI stufff that hit first , not relating it to hormones , lead me to abdominal scans, gallbladdder checks, and an upper endoscopy !

All clear except a small hiatal hernia .

I continue to have bouts of nausea but mostly around mid cycle or my period start .

😩😩

• Posted

Your comment reminded me - I now drink ginger tea which helps with the nausea.  It also has anti-bacterial properties and I haven't had a bladder infection since I started with it.

• Posted

Hi

I had a hysto 3 yes ago and have had a dreadful array of symptoms but the worst lately and which drew my attention was hensame as yours, upper abdominal pain, pressure undernright ribcage and nausea. The anxiety is worse as I'm worrying about what this could be. Some days it's so bad I can't get relief from it unless I sit forward. Driving is uncomfortable as is sitting at a computer. Had a scan now sainting for consultant appt. was wondering if your symptoms matched

mine at all

• Posted

I don't get any pain at all just nausea and sometimes a warm feeling very briefly or chilled , so weird . My stomach often just feels off , I worry all the time about this symptom, but the doctor put it all down to age and anxiety . When the things continue you think maybe it is something . My life at the moment is a continuous worry of feeling ill and worrying about it . Anyone else like this ?

• Posted

Hi, I get squeezing under right ribcage too and nausea especially when I'm tired or eat fatty food....pants 😊

• Posted

Hi Claranye

I have tha same upper abdominal pain it horrendous! Sometime it wakes me from sleeping 😌! I had it about a year ago and the last couple of

days it's been happening again. I'm late for my period by about a week. I'm 49 and thinking is this it

but you never know! I had a stomach endoscopcy about a year ago and it came back clean. The doctor

said that was the heathiest clean stomach. So peri menopause I'm sure!😢

• Posted

This could be to do with gallbladder if under your right rib cage, do you get pain in your right Shoulder? I had gallbladder infection had numeroua tests for gallstones but none showed up and it was only after removal they said was infected. Had symptoms on and off for some time and got quite painful and uncomfortable at times! X
    • Posted

Hi Jane, Don't know if your'e still posting on here...This is my life right now Feeling ill and worrying about it - And the anxiety is horrendous... How are you now?

• Posted

Hello Gillian . I do still read all the posts on here . I am not doing too bad at the moment , thank you for asking . I do still get down times and anxious times . The doctor has put me on prescription migraine tablets now , as I seem to get them every month around my period . I've only tried them this last month and fingers crossed  they did the trick , so here's hoping 🤞. I still get stomach issues at times , but I think that is all to do with hormones fluctuating , so try not to worry . I have put on weight and more recently which I am really happy about as I felt I was too thin . There is light at the end of the tunnel . I even managed to go to the wedding in Scotland two weeks ago which I never thought I would be able to do with previous anxiety . This was even though it was just before my period was due . I literally came on the morning after we returned following a nine hour drive . Keep your chin up and just keep thinking of those better times ahead . Things are better then ever between my husband and myself . I feel that we are getting that spark back . So please just hang in there . Love Jane ??

• Posted

I do. I actually did this morning, with dizziness and weak feeling. The anxiety is pretty much every day.

• Posted

have you an idea why the anxiety?  how long you suffered?  did it coincide with meno start or after?  mine anxiety has been with me since febuary , so difficult to sort out despite CBT and reading and not giivng in etc, any ideas?

• Posted

My anxiety hit during my sleep back in July and hasn't really stopped since. I'm typing while having palpitations at the moment. I'm just so over all this already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.