Sudden loss of breathe feeling. Does anyone experience this?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, yesterday when I was looking around a store, I suddenly felt like i loss my breathe for a second. It totally freaked me out as I have to catch my breathe. Went to search and it might be a skipped beat. Should I be worried?

I also felt some mild loss of breathe feeling when im talking or when im focusing on my breathing. Not sure whether if it is due to me focusing too much on my breathing or not.

Been suffering from HA for 4 months and my resting heart rate is always around 80-95 beats. Will this cause high blood pressure as well?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are focusing and ruminating about your breathe too much and it is creating anxiety. I have an app called CALM and it gives guided meditations, along with having sounds of nature that are very calming. it's a free app. it's been proven that shutting your eyes and listening to nature sounds is really relaxing. It if get worse, you just need to go t oa p doc and tell them about all of the physical symptoms you are having with your anxiety. It can be treated, believe it or not

• Posted

Thanks for the advice! Will download the app! I've tried meditating before and my chest hurts. I'm thinking of learning deep breathing yoga as I felt like I've forgotten how to breathe properly. However, I've seen post that mentioned that deep breathing is not as advantageous. I'm stuck!

• Posted

I have had where i feel like i can't catch my breathe it is a milli second of time. I hought that was dry throat or something. But its like everything stops but for a milli second and then it all goes perfectly fine.usually around or before i get a full blown cold thats why i wonder if your throat is dry. anxiety dries out the mouth and stuff at times as well. Going from strong temperatures changes can do that as well. Hot to cold ac or cold outside to heated room. Drink a lot more water and make sure your mouth is moist. If it isnt drink more water or use a sucking candy to make saliva. Dont worry so much about heart beats, pulse and that stuff your body knows how to survive.. you counting beats is worthless and useless but it will make you anxious. That is a pretend thing people do thinking it has an actual use. 

• Posted

I do not have a dry throat. After that loss of breathe feeling I was so demoralized. Kept thinking I'm dying soon.

• Posted

Yes, Lisa is quite right. Some people relax when they listen to their heart...but it causes me a lot of anxiety, to the point of panic sometimes. My anxiety isn't always health-related, but my health is definitely part of my anxiety. So never count beats. It doesn't actually do anything except make you nervous. Water & sugar-free candies are great ideas. Herbal tea is good too. 

Feel better! 

• Posted

You got scared and had an anxiety attack. That was your reaction to the sensation. That milli second where you cant breathe or i dont know what it is but i know what you are talking about.  what caused it who knows but your reaction was an anxiety attack. You can always go see your gp and ask. No one can diagnose you thru a forum. I have experienced what your talking about I really never pursued the reason behind it. Yes it is scary but know the difference between what occured  and the health anxiety jumping on the band wagon to tell you you are dying that is a reaction and an anxiety thing.
    • Posted

I get anxious when I feel my heart beat too. I'm so sensitized to my body sensations and always waiting for the next sensation to happen.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. I'm still trying to cope with all the physical sensations I've felt everyday. I've seen the therapist twice but it's not really that effective yet.

• Posted

I understand that as well this mess takes time to get accustomed too. Its a life changer. It does get better or at least you begin to accept its oddities and react diffently towards your symptoms. The less you fear the better off you will feel. People with severe anxiety tend to go against the flow of life. We just do. Not sure why. there are tons and tons of books, podcasts, apps and radio programs that can help you through all this. You are not alone in all this. It feels like it but you have  about 25% of the worlds populations in your corner. Feel better and really know it does slowly get more manageable.
  • Posted

Hi,

I hope this message reaches you. I am a physician and randomly came across your post. Figured I would pass some advice along to you. Sounds like you may have a cardiac rhythm issue such as symptomatic PVCs (premature ventricular contractions) vs inappropriate sinus tachycardia as well as possibly obstructive sleep apnea. Your symptoms are very typical for these disorders. I would recommend seeing a cardiologist or a cardiologist who specializes in this area known as a cardiac electrophysiologist (preferred) to establish the diagnosis and get you feeling better. You will need an ambulatory heart monitor to make this diagnosis along with possibly a sleep study.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.