Posted , 6 users are following.
Hi all. About two days ago I noticed I was having trouble seeing out of my right eye. I thought it was just dry or had an irritant in it so I used eye drops and rubbed it a bit. The next morning it had not gone away but I tried to ignore it until today I couldn't take it anymore and saw a corneal specialist.
- I had LASIK 1.5 years ago and since then have had 20/15 in both eyes
- I use eye drops regularly since the surgery though I've never suffered uncomfortable dry eyes - it just became habit. I'd say about 2-4 times a day.
- I am 24yo female, very healthy and active, no other health problems/allergies.
- I used to have an astigmatism. After LASIK, it should have been removed but I believe my LASIK surgeon did not fully correct it for various reasons but I do not have a copy of the records to confirm that.
- About 2-3 weeks ago I had an infection (maybe ingrown hair?) about 1.5cm from my right eye. I took 10 days of antibiotics. It was a bad and sudden infection. It has since healed.
So today during the visit they did a number of tests. My right eye had dropped to 20-46 or something like that. So while not blind, a huge difference from two days ago. The Dr. said that both my eyes had a very slight astigmatism, and both were a bit dry, so his orders were to use eye drops regularly and come back in two weeks if it doesn't heal.
Well.. I told him I really didn't think it was dry eyes since I already use eye drops and why the sudden loss in one eye? The vision loss is significant enough that I cannot perform normally. I cannot read well without strain, getting headache from it, and I feel like I need an eyepatch just to get around. Not only that, but it feels like there is a haze over my right eye, so it makes focusing even harder.
Anyway, I am home now and already scheduled for a second opinion tomorrow at a difference practice. But I believe my eyesight has gotten worse already. I am really scared. Could it be infected like the side of my face was? Something residual from that? Or something worse like a tear that he didn't notice?
1 like, 7 replies