Suddenly feeling light headed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone ever all of a sudden get this weird rushing feeling theough there body then get dizzy & light headed ? I got this about an hour ago had a good morning picked my grandson up from nursery came home went to make him lunch then all of sudden felt so light headed , had to lie on my bed for ages was feeling hot & clammy then felt cold , I've had this before but not quite as bad it really scares me when it happens & makes me feel so anxious , I suffer from anxiety anyway & felt so good for managing to do normal things this morning now I feel anxious & scared & don't want to go out 😥

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I suffer something very much the same with my Depression. One moment I will be low next I am rushing around knocking doors out of windows, I call it cooking with gas. After that period I feel tired.

Enjoy the rush

Keep a hold

• Posted

I wish I had that rush lol ! But it's the worst feeling ever feeling so lightheaded & dizzy 😵 your day is ruined as the anxiety just kicks in even worse as your scared it happens when out the house 🏡 life is just on hold all the time just when you think your feeling a bit better 😥

• Posted

fiona

All of above are problems many suffer from with their anxiety, I feel for you as I have the same problems and nothing about it is very nice. 

Throughout my life I have had to need to achieve and it is only now I can dictate my own outlook every day I push and push That is all I know

• Posted

Hi Fiona,

yes, many, many people suffer with this. It's part of anxiety disorder, unfortunately.

There are a lot of posts on this subject doing the rounds at the moment - do go and have a look at them - you may hopefully feel reassured that you're not alone.

Love Tess xx

• Posted

It's horrible Tess , I get that feeling of being hot & clammy then tingely then get all light headed I just have to go lie down & wait till it passes but it sets me back for the whole day as I just feel anxious & horrible , I feel for anyone who gets this , I just think I might be ill or need the doctor which makes me panic but it does pass even though it's scary xx

• Posted

I experience this occasionally... I call it my "all or nothing state" for a period I'm wide open and taking care of everything next thing I know it's over and I'm exhausted, lightheaded and in need of rest ... Just another part of this frustrating anxiety ... Hope your feeling better soon

• Posted

Thank you I hope your keeping well & more good days than bad , it's just so horrible it's the worst feeling ever I don't know what I'd do if it happened outside , it makes me scared to go anywhere incase it happens , I was having such a good day as I struggle to go out a lot due to my anxiety & had managed to do so much this morning 😀

• Posted

Hi Fiona.  Yep, I can relate to your post !!! Isn't it frustrating when you think you are having a "good day" and out of the blue you have "an episode" ( thats what I call them anyway ).  I always feel as if I am taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back when it happens, which does delay your recovery.  What an absolute beast this anxiety is !!!!! Luv Lily xx

• Posted

It's horrible Lily , I start to think I've something wrong with me & get so scared it makes me feel so anxious the rest of day & scared to go out incase it happens outside 😩

• Posted

It's definitely anxiety. I had the same thing about a week ago, more than once in the same day... Well, I think mine was a bit different. I felt really dizzy, lightheaded, faint, hot, tingly, vision got blurry... It was like I was in a fish bowl, suffocating. A hot shower helped bring me back to my senses.

• Posted

Hi it really is horrible isn't it ? It does pass but at the time you think it's something serious & I get all panicky I just lay on my bed till it passed but I have the fear of it happening when I'm out & it makes me want to stay in the house my safe haven ! I had been having such a good morning it just came from nowhere 😬

• Posted

Yeah, I was coming back to that when I saw where it had landed.

I meant the hot shower thing.cheesygrin

• Posted

Tch.

I am getting OLD.

The hot shower comment was from Emerald to you.

Send me to a rest home.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.