Suden Retograde Ejactulation that only showed up nine weeks after Rezum op

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Yall ,

I'm a 62 year old male that had a Rezum procedure ( ten Steam Injections ) carried out nine week ago to correct urinary problems.

I had all the usual issues with catheder , blood in urine etc.. but all was looking good around week 8 as my urinary problems were very much improved and I checked sexual function around week 4 and all seemed to work as normal with some blood in the semen the only issue which had gone by week 5.

Around week 8 I noticed that while urinary function was great I had a loss of sensation when climaxing ,

I have since noticed that little semen is exiting the penis although it appears at the "eye" .

It seems that even though all looked good at week 5 as the prostate has healed something has happened to reduce the intensity of orgasm and perhaps cause retrograde ejaculation .

I knew that retrograde ejaculation was a possibility but am not amused by the sharp decrease in climax intensity . Has any body else had a similar experience

all comments welcome to help me figure this out , I am now at week 9 following the op.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for the info since I am now with a Urologist that preforms Rezum and I am or was considering Rezum in the future.

• Posted

Glad to help , do me a favor and ask him about my issue , am I kaput or could it be transitory , I get the impression that the prostate is still restoring

• Posted

IF U TAKING TAMULOSIN, then expect the retrograde ej. I HAD PAE TO STOP THE TAMULOSIN . ITS NOW 3 weeks since procedure. I'm on TAMULOSIN EVERY SECOND DAY. SEXUALLY EVERYTHING IS WORKING AND NOW I 'm starting to rjaculate with blood. I'm sure once I STOP THE tamulisin, things will return to normal

• Posted

Henry -- Im not taking anything ,

• Posted

Even though the risk for RE is lower with Rezum compared to Turp or Holep, it does exist. Others have posted it here. Didn't your uro inform you ?

• Posted

i was told there was a 1pc chance of RE .

I posted because I wanted to see if others have had a similar experience , I was fine up until week 8-9.

I had two really poor climaxes around week 10 with no ejaculate and since then the sensation has improved and there is ejaculate but with little expelling force .

My hope is it may normalize in time and i believe the issue is caused by the prostate not contracting at the moment of climax as it did before , but since it is in a process of restoration it not unreasonable to expect the occasional malfunction.

anyone had a similar issue ............comments welcome

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.